Is someone putting you on blast?

senimoni said:
Awww ella...that is too cute! He is supporting you...in the wrong way but support nonetheless.

I have a few family members that put me on blast and it is annoying ...I don't mind folks knowing I care about my hair but don't make me look obssessed...even though i am. and its all in the tone too. Then they start joking about what would I do if they cut it. FOOLS. Somebody would be in the hospital.

Like DUH.I hope they know better,I don't want to hear about you in the news going postal on some crazy fool.
Can you imagine the coverage... they would make us seem like a crazy cult that worships hair:ohwell:

@sareca
I didn't know you were married.
Your husband is hilarious.He tells people to call you so you can check on their hair?:lol: :lachen: :lachen: :lachen: :lachen: :lachen:

@Glam
DH knows better then to interrupt me with silly talk during my... uhhh *research*:cool:

@STL
good I was worried for a sec.
I have a silly family too that's why they know NOTHING about LHCF,thank god DH doesn't speak their language good enough to make a fool of me:grin:

@NuMe
yes I never understood what's so crazy about wanting to have healthy hair and safe money(how much money did we spent on grow products,potions,weaves,salon visits and the like before LHCF)

@Treasure
LHCF sorority lol... can you imagine...?!
What would the rituals be like?
*I pledge to stay away from scissors, I pledge to DC weekly, I pledge to be gentle with my hair...*:lachen:

Actually it does sound kinda good:look:
:lol:

Re: Short Vent

My mom puts me on blast EVERY TIME someone compliments me on my hair. :mad: Saying how crazy I am, how I go on the internet to the "website" (as she calls it) to look up hair stuff, how I spend more time learning about hair than anything else, all of my products (she bursts into laughter every time she sees a new hair product or thinks it's new), all of the 'crazy' things I do to it because I 'love' my hair so much, how no one better touch my hair, how 'picky' I am about my hair.

She says all of this while laughing really hard with tears in her eyes. My sisters roll their eyes every time I even mention the word hair.

This is why I try to hide myself so much while I'm here. I gave them the site address when I first found this place and have even shown them fotkis, avi's, and siggies to inspire them. I feel like they'll try to come here one day and find me to laugh some more or get 'dirt' on me.

After dealing with just my immediate family like that do you think I would want to tell my friends or let them know I post here? HA! I've only told my 2 bestest friends and that's it! They both have MBL & waistlength hair each so they have no need to come here, but they do respect my interest in my hair and don't try to make me look like a fool. :mad:

ella said:
LAWD:lachen: :lachen: :lachen:

@KLB
the thing is my friends and DH are to MUCH into my haircare
He always makes a point to check his friends and family if they don't compliment on my hair
*Look at Ella,her hair has grown so much hasn't it?It's beautiful... she takes good care of it,she always talks with her friends online about it*
DANG!:ohwell:

Forgive me for not being up on my urban slang, but I thought being "put on blast" meant someone was tearing you down and insulting you openly. It sounds like Ella's husband is being incredibly supportive, although a little misguided. It sounds like he just needs a heart-to-heart about how dangerous it is to talk too openly about your hair in the Black woman's world--too many haters out there!

This thread is too funny. I thought it was just me. I have made a conscious effort to avoid talking about this site with all my friends and family because I know they just wouldn't understand.

I told my close firend who is trying to grow out her hair and she appreciates the advice/tips/comments I give her. My family is another story altogether. The other day my sister said to me, "aren't you coming up on your 1 year hair anniversary?" looking at my hair.:ohwell: It's as if she expected me to have hair down to my butt in the first year. Although my hair is not where I want it to be I have definitely seen the improvement in the health/thickness of my hair since joining this board.

Also, I have a cousin who refers to you all as my imaginary friends too! LOL! That made me laugh when I read it. It's funny because I'll be telling her something and she'll be like oh yeah who was that? I just say this girl I know! we both laugh because she knows I'm talking about the LHCF women aka my "imaginary friends" :lachen:

CurlyGirly327 said:
Forgive me for not being up on my urban slang, but I thought being "put on blast" meant someone was tearing you down and insulting you openly. It sounds like Ella's husband is being incredibly supportive, although a little misguided. It sounds like he just needs a heart-to-heart about how dangerous it is to talk too openly about your hair in the Black woman's world--too many haters out there!

Yes he's supportive just the way he makes sure to let everyone know how MUCH time and care I invest he makes me seem like a weirdo to non LHCFers:lol:

Back