Is there ANY person on LHCF not afraid of heat, blowdrying, hot combs, & flat irons?

Bubblingbrownshuga

Re: Is there ANY person on LHCF not afraid of heat, blowdrying, hot combs, & flat iro

I blowdry and flatiron twice a week. Growing strong and not going to stop anytime soon.

OLDHEAD BRITT!! Girl your hair looks SOOO GOOD!!!:lick:

Back to the op: Nope not afraid of heat, matter of fact I am going to get a Dominican Blowout soon.

ctosha

Re: Is there ANY person on LHCF not afraid of heat, blowdrying, hot combs, & flat iro

Nope. I am not afraid of heat because the only heat I use it a ceramic flat iron and im going to attempt to blow dry on cool with the tension method soon. I'm a "do it yourself person" so I have full control and know what my hair can handle and use heat protectants and go the whole 9 to protect my hair. I just dont use it very often because Im lazy and to flat iron my hair will take close to 2 hours.

AllieCat0817

The smell of burning singed hair is SO DISGUSTING to me! I hate it more than anything. So I use zero direct heat because I am VERY much a 'smell' person.

hothair

I flat-iron weekly and have retained length since my BC earlier this year. I actually think my hair prefers that regimen to the others I've tried since I came onboard here

vainღ♥♡jane

ღ♥♡honey chile♡♥ღ

i'm not. i grow and retain hair regardless.

NikStarrr

Nope, especially now that I'm natural. My hair is stronger than ever.

Traycee

I flat-iron weekly and have retained length since my BC earlier this year. I actually think my hair prefers that regimen to the others I've tried since I came onboard here

Whats your regi ?????

4mia

my hair looks alot better when i use heat. I wash and dc weekly then I wet wrap overnight to airdry, in the am i flat iron I may up my wash days to 2x weekly but I would still only flat iron 1x a week

Extremus

My headline says it all :ohwell:

chelleypie810

I used to be, but found good heat protectors that have helped my hair. Chi keratin mist and silk infusion, aphogee green tea, and moroccanoil hydrating styling cream. These have all helped keep my hair strong yet moisturized and I don't see any hair on the brush or my clothes. However, my ends have been dry since I switched salons but anyway I blowdry and flat iron once a week.

healthytext

Tried roller setting for a while but I've gone back to flat ironing once a week. We love it.

Smiley79

I actually like blow dryers...I give my hair extra TLC to make up for the risky heat choice.

buddhas_mom

I flat iron 3 times a month and rollerset once a month. Heat is not the devil.

Barbie83

I dont think heat is necessarily bad. It's the abuse of heat that's the devil. :look:

Blowdrying 2x a week and using a curling iron d@mn near daily (without ever DCing) kept me at SL nearly all my life. Now I know better :yep:

KhandiB

Check Under my username.. it says heatmeiser, lol

I will always use heat, forever. I also know that I will have to take scissors to my ends more often than the no heat user, but I dont think Im doing too bad, lol

I also use cones, mineral oil, lol

JJamiah

I am not afraid matter fact I love to do my hair or have it done weekly to bi-weekly with Heat, Flat irons, I get moisture treatments weekly and Protein treatments before I get a relaxer or as needed which isn't often. I baby my hair after heat, and I Have had no problems retaining length. Just works for me! My hair right now has went through the no comb trauma, Ladies I had 3 weeks of my hair up in a clip, because I was so busy 7 days a week with the kids in sports, caring for my house, my husband, school and I was like wait, I look like Mae Mi, and my hair hasn't been done in oh my, I took it down and didn't realize that my hair grew noticeably. I can't wait until football is over, because I can't juggle well. :) But atleast now I look good doing it! ;)

fyb87

No, I'm not afraid. As with anything, used in moderation is not damaging imo. However, I don't see the point in blowdrying my hair. My hair comes out 95% better if I air dry in two braids and then flat-iron, as opposed to blowdrying and then flat-ironing. It has way more body and looks more silky. I grew my hair to TL (before cutting it out of boredom) without any problems whatsoever. When I braided my hair the entire length of the braid had the same thickness. Which to me is an indicator of healthy hair. But, what works for one person may not work for another. So that is what works for MY hair!