Is there anything you can eat or drink that truly helps thicken hair?

franknbeans82

I've been taking hair/skin/nails vits that include a decent amt of biotin, silica vits, and msm vits for the past yr, but my hair is still really thin. Just wondering if there is anything else I can add to my diet to make a difference?

SundaiMorn

I do not know about a drink or food that helps makes it thicker. I had some results when I have been drinking protein shakes. I am using a Castor oil, Silk Amino Acids and Megatek mix that has been making my hair thicker.

J-Moe

You should search a thread named "Drink Your Way to Waist Length", I'm jumping on this bandwagon ASAP!! I just have to get to the store, so after the Holiday!! HTH

locabouthair

Carrot Juice is supposed to help. There were a lot of threads about it in the past.

I think first you should try to figure out why your hair is thinning.

It is thinning from the roots or the ends? Using too much heat, not enough moisture, overlapping your relaxer, not washing it out properly, etc are all reasons your hair could be thinning.

gymfreak336

would protein bars work as well as protein shakes?

Any increase in protein would work. Personally, I like shakes better than bars because it is easier to control the calories. I like the Optimum nutition chocolate whey. Its the best tasting one I have ever had and is affordable.

AtlantaJJ

I'm not sure what your age is but as we get older hormones can play a role in thinning hair. I'm doing flax seeds and flax oils to help even out my hormones and I am also looking into evening primrose oil. Oh and I'm doing Maca Root..:grin:

I also agree that the protein shakes will help, they really helped to speed up my growth rate once I started them.

NappturalWomyn

Lean proteins help a lot (no pork chops), particularly eggs
Nuts and seeds if you don't do meat
Water, water, water because protein overload is just as bad as no protein at all
I eat my veggies mostly raw, or lightly steamed
Garlic on everything, from dips to beans helps too

Makenzie

Very informative thread. I started increasing my protein intake so I'm hoping to see results soon.