What did you do to thicken your hair?

HoneyA

Goal:Hip length stretched
Hi Ladies,

For those of you who have manged to thicken your hair, whether your hair was fine to begin with or was thick and just got thicker, please post your hair type, and what you did to gain thickness. What kind of products/vits did you use? What was you regimen like? When did you notice that your hair was becoming thicker?

Mine is 4a/4b I think. I notice when I use oils (castor, olive, coconut) on my roots and ends my hair grows out thicker. When I stop applying to roots my hair doesn't look as thick. Also I've been using Hair, Skin and Nails by Nutrilite. The ng is very thick now after using it for like 10 months. I was just wondering what works for other people.

Last edited:

curlcomplexity

formerly qtslim83
I stretched the heck out of my relaxers! I used to relax every 2-4 weeks:nono: (I know, I know...don't beat me ya'll!). That caused alot of breakage! When I began my regimen, I stretched 4-6 months at a time. I also began to trim off the ends. I noticed thicker hair after a year, didn't even know that my hair was so thick!

Keen

I stretched the heck out of my relaxers! I used to relax every 2-4 weeks:nono: (I know, I know...don't beat me ya'll!). That caused alot of breakage! When I began my regimen, I stretched 4-6 months at a time. I also began to trim off the ends. I noticed thicker hair after a year, didn't even know that my hair was so thick!

:whipped:

Honey, Castor oil and Henna seem to be working pretty well. Some people take vitamins such as MSM so their hair can grow thicker. There are some other vitamins that I can't remember. You may be able to find them using the search engine.

curlcomplexity

formerly qtslim83

Honey, Castor oil and Henna seem to be working pretty well. Some people take vitamins such as MSM so their hair can grow thicker. There are some other vitamins that I can't remember. You may be able to find them using the search engine.

:crybaby: O.K...I deserved it!!!:lachen: Also co-signing on the vits!

IntoMyhair

oh yea i should also add lol
no combing unless detangling and no direct heat (only hooded dryer and thats just for deep cons)
I have only roller set maybe 3 times max in the last year and half
and no brushing

I did'nt think all that stuff factored in until I saw the other replies.

LABETT

I am sure stretching my relaxer help thicken up my strands the most.
I added Biotin,B-Complex and MSM to my vitamin regimen.
Polysorbate -80 as pre-poo -also used with my hot-0il treatments-castor oil,coconut,jojoba oil.
I also add my Jamaican Black Castor oil and Polysorbate-80 to my Conditioners,Leave-in and Moisturizers.
The baggie-method also helped my ends to look healthy and thicker.

mrshicks2002

Airdrying

Castor Oil....I put this in almost everything.
Stretching relaxers

(B5) vitamin- Pantothenic Acid

Since August 19th I have been using MN and I see the truth that everyone is talking about. My mother told me yesterday that It look like I got a whole new head of hair. Its has thicken my hair and sides are growing back in where they were thin. MN is the Truth!:yep:

I plan to start trimming my ends more to help with the thickness of them.

Last edited:

Jetblackhair

Airdrying

Castor Oil....I put this in almost everything.
Stretching relaxers

(B5) vitamin- Pantothenic Acid

Since August 19th I have been using MN and I see the truth that everyone is talking about. My mother told me yesterday that It look like I got a whole new head of hair. Its has thicken my hair and sides are growing back in where they were thin. MN is the Truth!:yep:

I plan to start trimming my ends more to help with the thickness of them.

I'm sure I'm on the late train but I'm not familiar with MN, where did you purchase this?

BrooklynSouth

Frenchee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Stretching attempts, bunning, minimal combing, bunning some more, con-shampoos, wide tooth combs,french braiding and a lot of experimentation.

~*~ShopAholic~*~

Stretching atleast 16wks, DCing and protein treatments regularly, no blowdrying or flatironing (I may flat iron 1 or 2x's a yr. but so far I haven't since last Dec.), I also believe that biotin helps the hair come in thicker.

mrshicks2002

HoneyA

SleekandBouncy

How are you guys using castor oil? Did it make your hair weighed down?

HoneyA

How are you guys using castor oil? Did it make your hair weighed down?

For my ends I use it straight. Just a few drops, rub my palms together and then apply to the ends in the evening mostly before bed. It is quite heavy and thick so I just use a bit. To apply to the scalp I mix it with other oils but again just a few drops of the mixture to apply to the scalp and only like twice a week.

mrshicks2002

Interesting, I'd never heard about MN before either. Yes, thanks for the info and the article.

Your welcome! I never heard about it either until I saw others on here and BHM always talking about MN and their results. So I decided to try and I am glad I did.