Is this cute? (I need your honest opinion)

Belle Du Jour

Zandie
Jamaican Curl

I'm thinking about buying one of these as a protective style. I LOVE quick weaves because they look semi-natural since your hair is left out in the front.

Because I'm natural, I have to stick to the curly/bushy styles. :lol: I just gel my hair down in the front and place a headband over the quick weave. So, what do y'all think??

Champagne_Wishes

A broke graduate
classimami713 said:
Zandie
Jamaican Curl

I'm thinking about buying one of these as a protective style. I LOVE quick weaves because they look semi-natural since your hair is left out in the front.

Because I'm natural, I have to stick to the curly/bushy styles. :lol: I just gel my hair down in the front and place a headband over the quick weave. So, what do y'all think??

I like the Jamaican Curl better. The Zandile reminds me of the "singing" group Clymaxxx[sic]. Don't ask me why, it just does. *humming "I Gotta Meeting In The Ladies Room"*

:up: for the Jamaican Curl. I may have to check that one out myself and I'm not even a wig or weave girl. Do they have reasonable prices?

songbyrd517

Well, I actually like the Zandie better. It does look kind of 80's-ish (lol at Klymaxx Champange_Wishes :lachen: ), but not so much that it's not wearable. I think it's cute :yep:. I don't care so much for the Jamerican Curl, but it's not horrible. I just think the Zandie looks better out of the two. But, I'm sure you'll probably rock whichever one you choose better than the models anyway, so you should be fine either way. ;)

Tai

You'll really have to see them in person because they both look different than they do in the picture. In person, Zandie looks like a full braidout/twistout and Jamaican girl looks like a rodset just shook out and if you brush it a bit, it looks like a wild braidout. Both are cute, it just depends on what style you're looking for to decide which one is best for you. :yep:

For my Michigan ladies, I've seen both of these styles at all the BSS's in Detroit and in the burbs (Inkster, Southfield, etc.). They range from $20 up to $35 depending on the store. BSS in the city are cheaper than in the burbs. As long as you buy or bring a wig cap, you can try them on to see what looks best on you. If you think you're going to wear them w/ a headband, bring one so you can see how it looks that way, too. :yep:

dreemssold

songbyrd517 said:
Well, I actually like the Zandie better. It does look kind of 80's-ish (lol at Klymaxx Champange_Wishes :lachen: ), but not so much that it's not wearable. I think it's cute :yep:. I don't care so much for the Jamerican Curl, but it's not horrible. I just think the Zandie looks better out of the two. But, I'm sure you'll probably rock whichever one you choose better than the models anyway, so you should be fine either way. ;)

This is exactly what I was going to say...down to laughing at Klymaxx:D .

KAddy

songbyrd517 said:

Same here :yep:

Tai said:
You'll really have to see them in person because they both look different than they do in the picture. In person, Zandie looks like a full braidout/twistout and Jamaican girl looks like a rodset just shook out and if you brush it a bit, it looks like a wild braidout. Both are cute, it just depends on what style you're looking for to decide which one is best for you. :yep:

For my Michigan ladies, I've seen both of these styles at all the BSS's in Detroit and in the burbs (Inkster, Southfield, etc.). They range from $20 up to $35 depending on the store. BSS in the city are cheaper than in the burbs. As long as you buy or bring a wig cap, you can try them on to see what looks best on you. If you think you're going to wear them w/ a headband, bring one so you can see how it looks that way, too. :yep:

Thanks for the tips, Tai! :up:

Solti

i like the jamaican one it looks closer to relaxed or texturized hair though, i think i like it because it isn't really bushy...it looks more like a braid-out on relaxed tresses, but if your going for the bigger look then zandie is the way to go.

hottopic

Arabianprincess said:
i like the jamaican one it looks closer to relaxed or texturized hair though, i think i like it because it isn't really bushy...it looks more like a braid-out on relaxed tresses, but if your going for the bigger look then zandie is the way to go.

I agree. I have to go with
J.A.M., Jamaica, A!
I.C.A! Jamaica...Jamaican's Lift up you nine.....(it a song)

Belle Du Jour

Thanks y'all! I like the picture of the Jamaican Curl better, but the Zandie might look good in person. I've seen the Jamaican Curl at the BSS and it looked good (not as shiny and fake as i the pic :lol: ), but they didn't have the Zandie yet. Thanks again!

tootiewoo2003

I've been wearing the Jamican for about a week. I remove the combs from the front and back and have my braider braid my natural hair into a spiral (circle to give it more volume at the top) around my head. Next she sews the instanta weave on and I leave a little of my natural hair out in the front. Today is the first time I washed it and the curls held pretty well. There is a little frizz but for a synthetic hair it looks pretty good. I usually sleep in a satin bonnet at night and I'm really pleased with it. I'll probably leave it in for a month. At my beauty supply store they range about $20 bucks and my braider charges me $20 to sew it in.

Happy2BNappy

classimami713 said:
Zandie
Jamaican Curl

I have the Jamican Curl and I am not that crazy about it.. I think I need for it to get "old" the curls are too stiff...