IS YOUR CASTOR OIL........

RODI

THICK, STICKY AND HAVE A BURNT SMELL??

I went to our local market on the French side of St. Maarten and bought some Castor oil that the vendor told me was made in Dominica. So it is as pure as you can get.
She also told me that I should always get the Castor oil which is lighter in color versus darker. She explained that the darker colored Castor oil is burnt. So I bought a bottle of the lighter one.

When I got home and proceeded to use it, it was very very thick, and very sticking and smelled burned. I have fine relaxed hair and don't know if my hair can take this heavy sticky stuff.

I feel duped. It cost me $10 for about a 11 oz bottle. I'm still using it though as a sealant.

Oh OK. So how do I manage the thick sticky consistency?
Do I apply to my scalp as this is the only way I presume to benefit from the oil?

My castor oil is thick, somewhat sticky but it has no smell at all. I use a little on my ends at night before I put my scarf on. I also mix it with other oils to apply to my scalp 1x or 2x a week but I always use only a little.

I have the black castor oil too. Yes it is heavy and sticky, syrupy.

You can use it anyway you like. Experiment with it. It's your head.

It helped me stretch really well because putting it directly on my NG softened it a whole lot. I applied straight to scalp since folks say it helps with scalp issues like dandruff, thickening up edges, etc.

Now i just got relaxed and tried to apply it to my scalp and it was really heavy so no i just apply it sparingly or not as often during the week because it did weigh it down a whole lot.

I use it on scalp, to seal, hot oil treatment, mixed in with conditioner, lays down my edges. Many good uses.

To avoid being heavy-handed with it, i apply it to my scalp using a new, dry,small paintbrush and part my hair and apply it on scalp. Its less messy and sticky that way.

My Castor oil is very thick almost lik the consistency of honey and yes it does have that peculiar burnt smell. I bought mine here in my home country. Oh and it has the carmel color of honey too.

I have the black castor oil too. Yes it is heavy and sticky, syrupy.

You can use it anyway you like. Experiment with it. It's your head.

It helped me stretch really well because putting it directly on my NG softened it a whole lot. I applied straight to scalp since folks say it helps with scalp issues like dandruff, thickening up edges, etc.

Now i just got relaxed and tried to apply it to my scalp and it was really heavy so no i just apply it sparingly or not as often during the week because it did weigh it down a whole lot.

I use it on scalp, to seal, hot oil treatment, mixed in with conditioner, lays down my edges. Many good uses.

To avoid being heavy-handed with it, i apply it to my scalp using a new, dry,small paintbrush and part my hair and apply it on scalp. Its less messy and sticky that way.

Thanks Mizz Brown. Great advice and tips. Will try them all.

hey ladi. i mix jamaican castor oil w/ jojoba oil, wheat germ oil, and a tiny amount of rosemary oil to break up the thick consistency.

Back