Isn't it funny how the body works?

PuffyBrown

Does it seem like your hair and your nails grow in sync...mine does.

This is why I am think this may be true.

Recently my hair was growing really fast for awhile then it stopped. It was just using up the products that I had and not growing but just staying healthy.
I dont like long fingernails. I always cut my fingernails off. I noticed that this last time I cut down my nails they just refused to grow. I noticed that this is the same time that my hair stopped growing.:blush: No matter how much biotin I took, my nails or hair would not grow. Well I just noticed my new set of nails and it has literally taken almost a month to grow, when it normally takes a couple of weeks. I can cut my nails down to the stem and have new nails in two weeks. My hair is now growing too, and it is thickening fast. I never really paid attention to my hair but I noticed a big difference in length this time. Maybe that is why it wasn't growing so fast in the past.

What do you think about something like this? Do you think that if I continue to cut my nails that my hair wont grow? I am going to file them down for now...do you think this is just a coincidence?

JustKiya

No, it's just coincidence that when you cut your nails, your hair stopped growing - there's no connection between the two....

If anything, hair and nails grow because of the same factors - if your hair is growing lavishly, your nails will be doing the same thing - since they are basically made out of the same thing. If your diet/health/etc changes (for the better or worse), your hair and your nails should show the effects at roughly the same time.

Lanea87

Natural Gang Gang Gang
If my hair did grow as fast as my nails I would be fly than a ******......... All in a year.

LongHairDreams

No, it's just coincidence that when you cut your nails, your hair stopped growing - there's no connection between the two....

If anything, hair and nails grow because of the same factors - if your hair is growing lavishly, your nails will be doing the same thing - since they are basically made out of the same thing. If your diet/health/etc changes (for the better or worse), your hair and your nails should show the effects at roughly the same time.

If my hair did grow as fast as my nails I would be fly than a ******......... All in a year.

co-signing both quotes.

My nails seem to grow faster then my hair. Like you, I have to cut my nails every 2 week cause they grow so fast.

SimpleKomplexity

:lachen::lachen:
LOL I agree!! I wish!! I can tell the biotin is doing SOMETHING because when I took it for like 3 days....my nails were hard like rocks, I'm hoping my hair is doing the same things, but it doesn't seem liek my hair and naisl are on the same path :( ....I wish

PuffyBrown

Thats right. I forgot about that. I had a stomach virus. I was down for about a week but I was probally sick before I started to feel the affects of the virus. Now that I am well and feeling better, everything is growing again.

Thanks for clearing it up..