Issues with the site!

queenofmean68

Is anyone else getting "LOGGED OFF" the site when you didn't hit that link?? I will be in a thread and sometimes if I hit the "Index" link to go back it will log me off! I've been booted out a few times now!

mirrormirror

something similiar happens to me...........I'll check the keep me signed in box, so I wont have to keep putting in my screennamne and password. But every few days it goes away and I have to put in my password info.

PapillionRouge

Yeah, that happens to me too, I thought I was the only one.

dimopoulos

Crazy Greek
Staff member
Just to clarify the situation with the "Remember Me" button.

The forum software remembers you with a cookie (text file not the ones you eat
) placed in the temporary internet files folder of your computer. This cookie has an expiry life and once that is reached you are automatically logged off.

We have shortened the life of the cookie to a day because some members used public access computers and hit the Remember Me feature, thus keeping them logged in even after they left the computer.

I hope that this explains it a bit.

Nikos

queenofmean68

Oh, I see! Thanks for the explanation. I didn't know that cookies could be assigned a specific time period. Maybe I slept thru that lecture in class!

bellydancer

yea that happens. also I click "remember me". when i get off the site and come back later sometimes it remembers me but most of the time it doesn't