It is true, the less U do the more growth U get!!

brandy

My last relaxer was in March and by May I only had about 1/2 an inch of growth. So I decided to fix a weave and forget my hair.I had the weave in for 5 weeks,did not wash my hair nor did I spray my scalp yet I gained over 1.5 inches within 5 weeks without vitamins!
smile.gif

I'm happy that it worked for you brandy!

I know that it's not true for me though... moisturizing and shampooing and deep conditioning regularly makes my hair looks more healthy and retain much more length.

LOL, I believe that too. I had my weave in for 4 weeks one time, only washed it once and my hair grew like nuts.
lachen70.gif

I've done that before wearing braids, my hair would grow to a point, but would stay at that length. When I started moisturising my hair and washing more often with my braids, it finally started growing longer. And it feels alot better too...

"the less u do the more growth u get?" I think its true too...u actually retain more hair length when you're not constantly foolin with your hair.
smile.gif

I think its true to an extent. I barely touch or comb my hair...the last time i combed it was about two or three weeks ago. The only time I touch my hair is to apply conditioner or moisturizer which is about twice a day. I wont know what good this will acutally be doing me until about a year from now when I decide to blow it out
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
bettydavis said:
I've done that before wearing braids, my hair would grow to a point, but would stay at that length. When I started moisturising my hair and washing more often with my braids, it finally started growing longer. And it feels alot better too...

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe thats it, changing it up now and then, Last month I did Daily weting of my hair and CW once a week. Now I have changed up and I have my hair in a bun, I will not CW my hair for 1 month, thats my plan. 1 week ago I last 2 weeks in a bun no CW just some weting whenever I came from swimming. If u hair is staying at a certain lenght change up, thats what am doing, am on my 4th day of my 30 days in a bun without washing, I dont know if I can last 30 days, I almost did not last the 2 weeks, but I hope soo, I spray my hair daily or if I can remember, I add oils to my scalp and with with eye drop(
confused.gif
guess thats what its called) and I dont take my bun down at all till am done. I have not have any growth like that. but am doing it because I need to leave my hair alone and as because my hair is stronger the less I wet it
smile.gif
CONGRADS
dance7.gif
ON UR GROWTH keep updates plz

[ QUOTE ]
brandy said:
My last relaxer was in March and by May I only had about 1/2 an inch of growth. So I decided to fix a weave and forget my hair.I had the weave in for 5 weeks,did not wash my hair nor did I spray my scalp yet I gained over 1.5 inches within 5 weeks without vitamins!
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

That makes me what too try harder, I cant get surge or freeda biotin, its great to hear other ppl having successful growth without the help of other things, because am not taking my vitamins I will try today,
crazy.gif
, and some scalp massages, What did u do from March to May, beside leave ur hair alone that was different ? ty thanks for sharing
smile.gif

Yes for me....I am one of the folks that retains more growth with the less combing and styling I do to my hair and the more I keep it covered.....I take care to keep on top of biweekly shampoos and conditioning treatments....

True for me too...The less I do, the more it grows! I Basically keep it in a bun 24/7, keep the ends moisturized and conditioned. My regime is very simple

I agree, I think it's good to alternate. My scalp needs to be stimulated, which is why I could never wear a protective style for over a month long.

[ QUOTE ]
happylocks said:
[ QUOTE ]
brandy said:
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

That makes me what too try harder, I cant get surge or freeda biotin, its great to hear other ppl having successful growth without the help of other things, because am not taking my vitamins I will try today,
crazy.gif
, and some scalp massages, What did u do from March to May, beside leave ur hair alone that was different ? ty thanks for sharing
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
What did u do from March to May,beside leave ur hair alone that was different ?
Actually, I was washing and styling my hair frequently then, and aquired only 1/2 an inch. I got a weave in May and left my hair alone till June (5 weeks later) and aquired over 1.5 inches of growth.
smile.gif

Thanks Gaea,Karonica,Weaveitup,Happylocks,kitchen tician for all your nice comments and I wish everyone happy hair growing.
rosebud.gif

I have takenthe same approach. I purchased a wig that really looks like a weave. I have my hair cornrowed under it and don't plan to straighten it again to december which will be the end of my one year challenge. I am praying for at least three inches by new years.

Back