Itching...just checking

It~Can~Grow

Just checking with everyone...

Ok - before I joined (last week) my scalp was always dry, and if I'm truly honest, I did NOT wash my hair every week (actually started washing weekly about 2 months ago), so I always associated the itching with dirty.

Well, I joined last week..purchased tons of eo's and started the coconut and peppermint oil for daily oiling.

I know..I gotta really get a mix and regimen, but my statement/question is:

Why is my scalp still itching? Mind you, not crazy, but still the occasion itch and scratch is going on up there...

Thoughts??

Moroni

Welcome, ICG!!! I had a severe itching experience a couple of months ago after adding EOs to my reggie. I found out that I'm allergic to peppermint oil......just can't use it to save my life. I can eat it, just can't use it on my skin.

After i eliminated the peppermint oil, I haven't had the problem again. It's possible that you're allergic to something you're using.

ETA: Love your avi pic! Your hair looks really healthy!

gymfreak336

Just checking with everyone...

Ok - before I joined (last week) my scalp was always dry, and if I'm truly honest, I did NOT wash my hair every week (actually started washing weekly about 2 months ago), so I always associated the itching with dirty.

Well, I joined last week..purchased tons of eo's and started the coconut and peppermint oil for daily oiling.

I know..I gotta really get a mix and regimen, but my statement/question is:

Why is my scalp still itching? Mind you, not crazy, but still the occasion itch and scratch is going on up there...

Thoughts??

Try decreasing the amount of peppermint oil you use.

Peppermint is great but very strong. In this case, less is more.

Aveena

I have itchy scalp flare ups from time to time. I noticed that they come on when my scalp is inflammed/irritated. If you just started your healthy hair care journey then it may be helpful to think back 4-5 months ago.

Your scalp today may be a result of how it was treated not just a month ago but for several months ago ? ya know. The itchiness may take time to go away and it may take time to pinpoint the exact culprit.

It could be dry (even if it seems moisturized you may have microcuts due to scrating) it could be an allergic reaction that is causing inflammation.

Anyway.. sorry for the long post but this is one of my major hair problems... and I have been struggling for a year with flare-ups here and there. Anti-inflammatory products definately helped me.

for what it's worth... it's worth a try

It~Can~Grow

Welcome, ICG!!!

After i eliminated the peppermint oil, I haven't had the problem again. It's possible that you're allergic to something you're using.

Thank you

Lord I hope not since pp is one of the tools quoted to aid in stimulating hair growth. I need that stimulation. :cry:

ETA: Love your avi pic! Your hair looks really healthy!

:blush3: Including the back fat :grin: I love that the most. :lachen:

It~Can~Grow

Try decreasing the amount of peppermint oil you use.

Peppermint is great but very strong. In this case, less is more.

You're right. I read to add 2 drops and I'm sure I was over zealous and added more like a tspn.

I thought, since it was 1/4 cp of coconut oil that would be enough to dilute the extra peppermint :wallbash:.

I'll follow the instructions as given next time.:blush:

It~Can~Grow

Your scalp today may be a result of how it was treated not just a month ago but for several months ago ? ya know. The itchiness may take time to go away and it may take time to pinpoint the exact culprit.

The law of "sewing and reaping" now extends to hair. Point taken:amen:

It~Can~Grow

A week later follow up:

So, I've officially oiled my scalp for one week every night with Candy C's oil recipe for hair growth (atlas cedarwood, jojoba, rosemary, grapeseed, etc). While my scalp is not itching all over - I do have two spots (upper right and back nap-ish) that tingle/itch periodically through out the day.

So -much -so that I have a minor, minor scab in the back (kinda like those from a perm burn - just not nearly as severe) nap area.

What are your thoughts? Shouldn't I experience itching all over if I was allergic?

*shrug**

use a bit of sulfur powder in your hair oil and use a about a dime size daily the itches will disappear. Flowers of sulfur is a good bran of sulfur powder to use. castor oil is a good oil to use, or any oil of your choice.

HWAY

I have the same problem. I have a lot of allergies so I figured my scalp must be as sensitive as my face. Have you tried MTG? My scalp is always happy when I use it.