It's Just not fair!!!

UmSumayyah said:
"Most of them advocate not washing hair but every two weeks."

What in the heezy site has he been reading? :eek: MOST of us advocate washing hair MORE than every 2 weeks! That's slander and libel against the LHCF! Defamation of character! Call a lawyer! :lol:
I was thinking the same thing, I actually re-read it twice thinking that I had made a mistake in my reading!!! He's just dragging our name around in the mud like that! :mad:

My sister wash her hair every week, for the first 7 weeks after a relaxer. Then she goes to Lily's for a blowout on the 8th week, and 2 weeks thereafter (so she gets her hair blown straight on the 8th week, 10th, & 12th weeks). She usually get another relaxer on the 13th or 14th week, and start the process all over again. Her hair is beautiful and brastrap lenght.

I have a friend I grew up with whose hair was approx. shoulder length. It stayed that length when we were in our 20's as she wore many hair styles (constant manipulation). After she married and started her family, she would keep it in a pony tail or in a bun --always. She sent me a family picture after the birth of her 4th child. In the picture I could see her hair had grown down to the middle of her back.

Years later when she came for a visit, everyone was shocked when she walked in the door (including me) because her hair had grown to almost waist-length! Today its about bra length. I asked her how did she grow her hair so long, she told me she only washed 2/x a year! Her hair didn't smell nor was there any flakes/dandruff. She told me she doesn't have time to do anything to it since she has a family plus, run a day-care center.

Today, she washes more often (I don't know how often) & gets a press & curl. Unless it's a special occasion, she primarily wears her hair in one of those protective styles. She was ahead of her time & didn't know it, she wore protective styles for convenience and her hair flourished!

Back