Relaxed Ladies..Help please!

An_gell

I really need yall help, my friend called me upset cuz her daughter has a ball spot in the back of her head. She recently had a friend relax her daughter's hair with Pink Oil relaxer (?), and she said she has been using that every time she relaxes. I asked her if she knew if the lady neutralized after the relaxer and she said she asked her and she said she did. She wants to cut her daughter's hair off and start over, because it is breaking off really bad..Any tips ladies I can pass on to her would greatly be appreciated.

mshoneyfly

I really need yall help, my friend called me upset cuz her daughter has a ball spot in the back of her head. She recently had a friend relax her daughter's hair with Pink Oil relaxer (?), and she said she has been using that every time she relaxes. I asked her if she knew if the lady neutralized after the relaxer and she said she asked her and she said she did. She wants to cut her daughter's hair off and start over, because it is breaking off really bad..Any tips ladies I can pass on to her would greatly be appreciated.

Tell her to learn to take responsibility for her own daughter's hair. I would start by giving her a Motions CPR conditioner myself to stop the breakage. Then follow that with a neutralizing poo (maybe ORS creamy aloe poo). Follow that with a moisturizing conditioner by Motions or ORS Replenishing. Then clip her ends, moisturize and seal and wait it out. I wouldn't cut all my baby's hair off. That would be just too traumatic.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

An_gell

Tell her to learn to take responsibility for her own daughter's hair. I would start by giving her a Motions CPR conditioner myself to stop the breakage. Then follow that with a neutralizing poo (maybe ORS creamy aloe poo). Follow that with a moisturizing conditioner by Motions or ORS Replenishing. Then clip her ends, moisturize and seal and wait it out. I wouldn't cut all my baby's hair off. That would be just too traumatic.

Yeah I told her not to cut it. Thank you for the info cuz I really didn't kno what to tell her other than to try to neutralize again.

Flawlis1

Sounds like some serious chemical damage if the hair is severely breaking. I would suggest a protein treatment to strengthen the hair, and absolutely no blow drying or flat iron.... The child's hair should only air dry. Hair must stay moisturized and kept in low stress hairstyles..... No tight ponytails, buns or braids.

Supergirl

With Love & Silk
very gentle with her hair, do cut it, but gradually, moisture and protein from quality hair care lines, not Walmart ;) no heat, comb from the ends up, moisturize, seal, and cornrow/braid each week between washes/conditoning

Evolving78

co-signing! and get her hair braided or twisted, but not too tight.

mshoneyfly

co-signing! and get her hair braided or twisted, but not too tight.

Yeah, my daughter is 18 now and she just started to go to the shop by herself. I used to sit right there with her and watch like a hawk, lol