I've decided to end my transition

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
After much thought and education, I've decided to continue to relax my hair. I've decided to do so until my hair is shoulder level. Trying to transition now just is too hard for me to handle.:nono: I will be relaxing on Monday with a goal to grow out my short cut. Maybe in the future I will transition again, but that is still up in the air for now.:ohwell:

phyl73

Seems like you've thought it through. You know what's best for your hair. Keep us updated.

Prettyeyes

The only thing I can say is if my hair was short I would go ahead and do a couple of chops and get natural quick then focus on length cause once you get your length it's so hard to cut and you may never make it to natural.

DDTexlaxed

The only thing I can say is if my hair was short I would go ahead and do a couple of chops and get natural quick then focus on length cause once you get your length it's so hard to cut and you may never make it to natural.

If it were all one length I would. My hair is longer on the sides than the back. If I could get it to be a little longer, I can transition without destroying my edges. I figure I can start my transition again next year.:rolleyes:

Forever in Bloom

I agree. If I had transitioned longer and could see my hair getting longer (my ends were pretty healthy then too, so I wasn't getting trims), I knew I would have continued to get relaxers after seeing my hair progress. That's one of the reasons why I went ahead and did the bc - no turning back.

DDTexlaxed

I agree. If I had transitioned longer and could see my hair getting longer (my ends were pretty healthy then too, so I wasn't getting trims), I knew I would have continued to get relaxers after seeing my hair progress. That's one of the reasons why I went ahead and did the bc - no turning back.

OK, I have not relaxed since June. If I BC now, I'd be bald. I did that once and I don't want to do that again. How long did you transition? I am still up in the air about this because I don't want to BC again and relax due to frustration. What do you recommend as a style? My hair is too short to do twists and they won't hold anyway. Please help. I am at my wits end.:ohwell: Any suggestions will be appreciated.:blush: My length is a half inch longer than my siggie pic and my nape is almost natural.

Last edited:

Neith

I understand where you are coming from!

That's basically the reason I texlaxed, I was tired of appearing to be bald/have really short hair even though I do have a little length.

I'm also planning to grow my hair out to a longer length, then transition to natural. It'll be much easier with some length and I'll have better styling options with longer hair.

Whatever you do, I wish you luck! :bighug:

Chameleonchick

Hmm could you put some braids in......I did this same exact thing before I texlaxed at the beginning of this month after transitioning for 9 months. I wish I would have done like you and came on here first. Braids might help you out for now.

Forever in Bloom

OK, I have not relaxed since June. If I BC now, I'd be bald. I did that once and I don't want to do that again. How long did you transition? I am still up in the air about this because I don't want to BC again and relax due to frustration. What do you recommend as a style? My hair is too short to do twists and they won't hold anyway. Please help. I am at my wits end.:ohwell: Any suggestions will be appreciated.:blush: My length is a half inch longer than my siggie pic and my nape is almost natural.

Oh, okay. I didn't know. I'm not telling you to chop it off, but your options right now are 1) cut it all off :look:, 2) get a cute hair cut to work something out with your different lengths now, instead of drastically chopping it all off, or 3) relax it.

The decision is in your hands. I only transitioned for 3 months, so my hair was 1-1.5 inches all around. I couldn't stand dealing with the 2 different textures, so I punked out. You would think 3 months wouldn't be so bad, but it was tough.

I cut all of the relaxed ends off last December and slapped a beanie (or a hat) on for the entire Winter. I didn't style my hair at all; wash and go was my best friend. I inspired my brother's girlfriend to go natural, and she was asking me for style suggestions. The only thing I could suggest was comb coils because her hair is a little longer than what mine was when I chopped :look: I did ask her why style when you already have that cute fro sittin' on top of your head? Pick that sucker out and jazz up your look by purchasing some cute scarves and big hoop earrings. I saw a light bulb appear above her head and she decided to go that route.

My brother could care less. His cornrows are looking a little wild right now, and he loves the way she looks. Even her family is supportive. When she decided to cut all of her hair off, she asked him would he be mad. He said, "It's your hair. What I think shouldn't matter." :rolleyes:

If you want to relax, then go for it, or it will drive you mad trying to work something out when your heart isn't in to the whole transitioning process. Whatever makes you happy :grin:

BostonMaria

I completely understand because I was in your shoes last year. The first few months were the hardest because I really had no clue how to style hair with two textures. I don't know you personally, but I can say that it took more than a few tries for me to transition successfully so don't take it too hard. Everyone transitions differently but for ME it was just easier to keep doing my hair the same way I always did when I was relaxed (I did my hair myself, wash and rollerset, then flatironed) for those months I was transitioning. I only transitioned 10 months because I couldn't take it anymore. I was afraid of falling in love with the length and decided to chop off my hair.

I give kudos to anyone that did the BC with a TWA. That wasn't even an option for me. Although I couldn't even put my hair in a ponytail I had enough hair to play with.

Whatever you decide to do, just give it some thought and weigh out the pros and cons. At the end of the day just do what's right for YOU. :yep:

santwon

*pouts* Okay. But I sure tried to help you. I'll be here for you if and when you're ready to try again.

LunadeMiel

Awww sweet, I know how you feel. My only saving grace during my transition was my ability to do ponytails. Waiting to transition while your hair is longer is a double edge sword. One, it does make it easier to hide the different textures and style. However, as your hair gets longer you may not want to cut if off. First you need to figure out if you like having really short hair. When I BCed I thought I did, but after the cut I realized that I hated it. If you think that starting out with longer hair will be easier for you than I think you should do it.

Anna9764

I could never imagine the thought of ever going natural. My hair is just all around more managable and controlled relaxed. Best of luck to those that can and do ;) Anna

Anna9764

Gonna start stretching soon and thats gonna be tough also. I'd be happy if I could go 12 weeks, thats my goal. An entire transition...hats off to you girls and good luck. It will pay off.

DDTexlaxed

*pouts* Okay. But I sure tried to help you. I'll be here for you if and when you're ready to try again.

Hey, you are a true friend!:yep:I am still not sure if I will relax, but I am overwhelmed trying to hide my nappy nape!:blush: If I could deal with looking half decent hair wise, I would not be in this boat. Braids are not possible right now because $ is tight.:nono: I wish I had ability to cornrow. I am going to try to hold off because I am not rational right now. maybe I can buy another wig until I get strait.:rolleyes::lachen:

hopeful

I think it's a good idea to go ahead and relax. We both joined LHCF around the same time and if I recall, you have been miserable when you bc'd to super short hair. Do what will bring you the most peace. If you keep going back and forth with the bc'ing you will never make any progress. I say keep relaxing till you reach sl at least. Good luck.

DDTexlaxed

Yeah, but I'd really like to finally kick this habit of going back and forth between relaxing and natural.:ohwell: If I could just hide my nape, I think I could just pull this transition off. I am still so torn because I realize why my natural hair journeys in the past went wrong. I am just not ready to end my transition after all. I still have some unfinished business or I will never be happy with my hair or myself.

hopeful

I posted this in your other thread too. Find yourself a couple of cute wigs until your nape grows out. Keep your hair and especially your nape super moisturized. Keep your nape in braids or twists if it's long enough. Your nape will grow out quickly if you leave it alone and keep it clean, conditioned, moisturize and oiled.