Japanese and Indian Women's Hair...My Hair Inspirations!!!!What is Their Secret???

seraphim712

I know this may have been posted before, but I couldn't help but to mention it. I really like japanese and indian women's hair, their natural hair not dyed hair. They have very beautiful jet black hair that appears to be a soft midnight blue when the sunlight reflects off of it.

That is my goal to have long, strong, healthy, silky, shiny hair like that :D :D :D

I know someone on the board mentioned that seaweed is one of the reasons why the Japanese women's hair is silky and shiny and Indian women I believe henna their hair(?) but what else do they do other than diet to maintain such beauty???

kaykaybobay

They do have beautiful hair. I have alot of Japanese friends though who went through great lenghts to I guess tame their hair. Alot of Japanese dont have naturally straight hair. A few friends have told me many Japanese are born with very kinky or curly hair which I never knew. One friend says she just has trouble doing anything with hair hair its thick as rope and it is just stiff, it just does nothing she says.

gymfreak336

Well a friend of mine is from Pakistan and she says that she eats a lot of spicy things because it is supposed to be good for circulation which could then benefit hair growth. She also does alot of hot oil and henna treatments too. Her hair is about 3 feet long now.

SohoHair

Let's not fall into the trap of generalizing about the hair of women from certain countries. Just like not all black women have sterotypical afro's, not all Indian and Japanese women have stereotypically jet black, shiny perfect hair.

That being said there are a lot of great traditional hair care practices that some of these women do use and they have been discusssed here ad nauseum. I posted not too long about the Indian practice of Ayurveda and it's applications for hair care. Camellia oil is also very beneficial to hair and is an oil traditionally used by Japanese women.

seraphim712

SohoHair said:
Let's not fall into the trap of generalizing about the hair of women from certain countries. Just like not all black women have sterotypical afro's, not all Indian and Japanese women have stereotypically jet black, shiny perfect hair.

That being said there are a lot of great traditional hair care practices that some of these women do use and they have been discusssed here ad nauseum. I posted not too long about the Indian practice of Ayurveda and it's applications for hair care. Camellia oil is also very beneficial to hair and is an oil traditionally used by Japanese women.

I know that not all of them don't have the same type of hair, I was just mentioning the women that I see with that type of hair. I apologize if I wasn't clear/ I was posting during my night class.:p

I use camellia oil as my personal hair oil. :) :) :)

gymfreak336

seraphim712 said:
I know that not all of them don't have the same type of hair, I was just mentioning the women that I see with that type of hair. I apologize if I wasn't clear/ I was posting during my night class.:p

How do you use it

SohoHair

seraphim712 said:

No worries! I just know how these threads can turn into something completely different sometimes and hoped that it would not be the case here.

So um.... tell me more about this camellia oil:look: , I've become a bit of an oil collector and might have to add it to my treasure trove.:lachen:

Crissi

gymfreak336 said:
Well a friend of mine is from Pakistan and she says that she eats a lot of spicy things because it is supposed to be good for circulation which could then benefit hair growth. She also does alot of hot oil and henna treatments too. Her hair is about 3 feet long now.

Yea alot of indians i know use hotoil treatments like coconut oil, my good friend who is also indian usesmainly tea tree products

HTH

Crissi, x

HoneyDew

seraphim712 said:

I knew what you meant. Yes, not every person from a certain region has the same hair, but I think that hair is a hereditary characteristic for the most part. I understood exactly what you meant. Actually I think the characteristics of the hair that we see is just natural, i.e. the shape of the cuticle, etc. But, I am sure they have secrets to maintain that beauty, just like we do.

seraphim712

SohoHair said:
No worries! I just know how these threads can turn into something completely different sometimes and hoped that it would not be the case here.

So um.... tell me more about this camellia oil:look: , I've become a bit of an oil collector and might have to add it to my treasure trove.:lachen:

I use it as a pre poo and let it stay in my hair overnight and wash it out the follwing day. I also take a small bit an apply it in my hair and comb it through.Or I'll take a spray bottle and mix some ORS moisturizing lotion with some camellia oil and spray it on my braids. It leaves my hair softer and more manegable. Especially when I tie my hair up in a silk scarf.

I'll post some links that can explain better than I can how camellia oil (originally known as tsubaki oil)works:

http://www.camelliaoil.com/description.html

http://www.naturaljapanesebeauty.com/njb.page12.html

http://www.maryam-soap-nook.com/camellia-body-oil.html

IAOJ

Re: Japanese and Indian Women's Hair...My Hair Inspirations!!!!What is Their Secret??

I'm living in Tokyo right now, and trust me when I say that there is not really a secret that the Japanese have that will transform your hair besides diet. Healthier diets lead to healthy hair, skin, etc and seaweed and the fact that practically everything has fish or fish oil in it helps. I've actually had to take more care of my hair here than back home b/c the water here is ridiculously hard. But compared to American women, Japanese women spend soooo much more money on beautification (hair, skin, clothes). I know women here who spend thousands easily on products each month to make their skin a little bit softer etc.

As far as hair products, the majority of hair products that I’ve seen here are actually foreign brands, except for all the Shiseido products, which are inexpensive here. But they are right when they say that Japanese hair is not necessarily silky, and straight, remember they invented the Japanese straightening system. I see straight perms in every salon I go into, and they never seem to have a problem straightening my hair. Actually, Japanese hair is a lot coarser than Caucasians and I have seen plenty of hair that looks like my 3b/c hair in curl pattern and texture.

IAOJ

Re: Japanese and Indian Women's Hair...My Hair Inspirations!!!!What is Their Secret??

seraphim712 said:
I'll post some links that can explain better than I can how camellia oil (originally known as tsubaki oil)works:

Shiseido has a haircare line with tsubaki oil in it that I just tried a week ago that I love. My hair is so soft after using it. I didnt know they were the same thing and couldnt find any info on tsubaki oil besides the Shiseido website. Thanks!!

gn1g

A friend of mines that is a cosmetologies says that they have the best hair in the world and that is what they are taught in school.

Last edited:

seraphim712

atltophilly said:
Shiseido has a haircare line with tsubaki oil in it that I just tried a week ago that I love. My hair is so soft after using it. I didnt know they were the same thing and couldnt find any info on tsubaki oil besides the Shiseido website. Thanks!!

You're welcome and Thanks for the info!!! I really want to try the Shiseido haircare line, and the website is in Japanese :perplexed I looked on ebay and the prices range from $20.00 for individual bottles to $30-$40 for the entire set including treatment. But the shipping costs results in having to pay at least $100.00 altogether:eek: . I really really want to try since my hair responds well to the tsubaki oil alone, I know that it will respond well to the Shiseido line.

How much is the line Japan originally?

IAOJ

off the top of my head around 8 dollars (800 yen) for the conditioner. I saw the big refill size on sale the other day for 6 (600 yen) though.

seraphim712

atltophilly said:
off the top of my head around 8 dollars (800 yen) for the conditioner. I saw the big refill size on sale the other day for 6 (600 yen) though.

Wow, that's more than half the price than what they sell it for on ebay.

BrooklynSouth

seraphim712 said:
I know this may have been posted before, but I couldn't help but to mention it. I really like japanese and indian women's hair, their natural hair not dyed hair. They have very beautiful jet black hair that appears to be a soft midnight blue when the sunlight reflects off of it.

That is my goal to have long, strong, healthy, silky, shiny hair like that :D :D :D

I know someone on the board mentioned that seaweed is one of the reasons why the Japanese women's hair is silky and shiny and Indian women I believe henna their hair(?) but what else do they do other than diet to maintain such beauty???

Definite wave pattern change, strength and sheen increase since using traditional Indian oils, herbs and henna. Dulse {ingestion} and Kelp {topical} powder causes nice silkiness too. I'm sure the MTG, Surge, increased shampooing/conditioning, vitamin, mineral supplements are good helpers too.
I don't care just as long as Ms. Hair is joyful:p :p :p ..........