Jason's conditioner changed

Spagirl

Jason\'s conditioner changed

I was in the health food store last week and notice that the labels have been changed on all of Jason's shampoos and conditioners. They had one bottle of the old label Sea Kelp condition on the shelf with the new ones so I compared the labels and noted that the ingredients had changed. Has any one tried the new Sea Kelp conditioner and If so were your results the same?

sassygirl125

Professional PJ
Re: Jason\'s conditioner changed

Why do companies do this? This is the one I have. I'm not sure if it's the new one or old one...

Purified soft water, cert. org. extracts of: symphytum officinale (comfrey), anthemus nobilis (chamomile), c. leptosepala (marigold), equisetum arvense (horsetail), aloe barbadensis (aloe vera), laminaria saccharina (hawaiian sea kelp/algae), cybidium grandiflorum (orchid flower), hedychium coronarium (awapuhi), aleurites moluccana (kukui nut), plumeria acutifolia (plumeria), glycerin (vege), keratin amino acids, planthenol-3 (plant phospholipids, DL-panthenol, steardimonium panthenol), tocopherol (natural vit. E), ascorbic acid (vit. C), retinyl palmitate (vit. A), jojoba oil, cholecalciferol (vit. D), linoleic acid (vit. F), benzophenone-3, hydrolyzed wheat protein, cetrimonium chloride, cysteine, folic acid, stearyl alcohol, ceteareth-20, stearalkonium chloride, cetearyl alcohol, methylparaben, propylparaben, fragrance, natural color.

TinyT

I posted about this a few weeks ago, but i can't find the post. I went through 2 bottles of the old, and now I have one of the new bottles. I haven't felt a difference in the two. There are very few ingredient difference. All the certified extracts are in the same order, except that lavender has been added. No ingredients have been taken away. Also there is more keratin Amino acid, because it has moved up in the list of ingredients. Also the product states that it has been certified 70% organic, whereas before it did not. I still have an old bottle and I have been using it and the new, and the results haven't changed for me. The changes are so minimal, and I believe they may be for the better, especially since the ingredients that seemed to most important are still listed in the same order.

Spagirl

If memory services me right, I think I remember the alcohol was closer to the beginning of the list in the newer bottle when compared to the older bottle.

Jade21

Brownrelaxedhair: I would not use the Jason product as a protein conditioner despite the amount of sea kelp in the product. The Jason product is extremely moisturizing...maybe three steps up from Aubrey's GPB. For a great protein conditioner in the Jason line, check out the Tall Grass conditioner. It also leaves your hair extremely soft. When I don't want to fork over the cash, I use this in place of Aubrey's Blue Green Algae mask.

Hope you have been well and enjoying the summer!!!!!!!!

Much Love,

Jade

Thanks Jade. Getting the answer from you is a def. bonus! Well I like that it sounds so moisturizing. I wouldn't want another protein conditioner actually. I more like that it is so moisturizing as my hair is a sponge and very very thirsty which is why GPB works well so if Jason is even MORE so then hmmm. Worth thinking about.

I'll keep it in mind...

Spagirl

Re: Jason\'s conditioner new ingredient list

[ QUOTE ]

Why do companies do this? This is the one I have. I'm not sure if it's the new one or old one...

Purified soft water, cert. org. extracts of: symphytum officinale (comfrey), anthemus nobilis (chamomile), c. leptosepala (marigold), equisetum arvense (horsetail), aloe barbadensis (aloe vera), laminaria saccharina (hawaiian sea kelp/algae), cybidium grandiflorum (orchid flower), hedychium coronarium (awapuhi), aleurites moluccana (kukui nut), plumeria acutifolia (plumeria), glycerin (vege), keratin amino acids, planthenol-3 (plant phospholipids, DL-panthenol, steardimonium panthenol), tocopherol (natural vit. E), ascorbic acid (vit. C), retinyl palmitate (vit. A), jojoba oil, cholecalciferol (vit. D), linoleic acid (vit. F), benzophenone-3, hydrolyzed wheat protein, cetrimonium chloride, cysteine, folic acid, stearyl alcohol, ceteareth-20, stearalkonium chloride, cetearyl alcohol, methylparaben, propylparaben, fragrance, natural color.

[/ QUOTE ]

Aqua (purified water),Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender)Hydroflorate*, Symphytum Officinale (Comfrey)Extract*, Anthemus Nobilis (chamomile)Extract*, Calendula Officinalis(Marigold)Extract*, Emulsifying Wax , equisetum arvense (horsetail)Extract*, aloe barbadensis (aloe vera)*, keratin amino acids, planthenol-3 (plant phospholipids, DL-panthenol, ethyl panthenol,steardimonium panthenol), stearalkonium chloride, glycerin (vege),laminaria saccharina (hawaiian sea kelp/algae), cymbidium grandiflorum (orchid)flower extract*, hedychium coronarium (awapuhi)extract, aleurites moluccana (kukui)nut oil, plumeria acutifolia (plumeria)extract, stearyl alcohol, retinyl palmitate (vit. A), cholecalciferol (vit. D), linoleic & linolenic acid (vit. F), oxbenzone,triticum vulgare (hydrolyzed wheat protein), glyceryl sterate, cydopentasiloxane (and) dimethicone, citrus grandis (grapefruit) seed extract, sodium benzoate, potassium sorbate chlorophyllin, essential oil blend.

* cetified organic

Lavender Hydrofloraate is the registered trademark of Bayliss Ranch.

*safe for color treated hair
*no synthetic fragrances
1-877-JASON-01

jojoba oil no longer listed seperately

Original has a softer scent.

sassygirl125

Professional PJ
Re: Jason\'s conditioner new ingredient list

Thanks Spagirl. I'm going to try the new version and decide whether or not I have to stock up on the old! I think I saw some round bottles at the Vitamin Shoppe...