JBCO Protein Con - Anyone Tried?

prettybyrd

I use that!

I would not compare it to Aphogee because I don't think that it's as strong. I used it weekly when my hair was longer and it left my hair very soft, but the strands were stronger.

The formula is light and goes on the hair easily. I don't like to leave it on for too long because I have noticed small bumps at my nape when I've left it on past 20 minutes. I don't know if that may be the case for everyone because I have sensitive skin, so if you do too, heads up!

The smell takes some getting used to, it smells like pickles, mustard and licorice. :lick: :lol: Once the product is rinsed from the hair, the smell quickly dissipates - just like a vinegar rinse.

HTH!!!

ETA: I don't use many protein treatments, so I can't compare it to others, but I used to love LeKair, and it leaves my hair feeling much softer than the LeKair did.

Just be sure to follow up with a moisturizing DC or good conditioner without protein.

Last edited:

claud-uk

prettybyrd - thanks ever so much for the info. I use Aphogee too but I only have about 2" relaxed ends left so I was looking for something not so heavy... I also use the Lekair Cholesterol (love love love!!!) but wanted something a little heavier so this sounds perfect! Thanks again, x

coyacoy

I used this conditioner and I hated it.
.. the smell is horrendous - smelled like mayonnaise and pickles with a hint of vinegar and I don't normally have a low tolerance for things that have a strong smell but this stuff was especially disgusting...smells just terrible And it doesn't even work that well ...my hair didn't feel softer or stronger like it does with other protein conditioners.....i definitely do not recommend it... aubrey gpb is good and has a pleasant smell... also claudie's has a protein conditioner that works well and smells really good!

...HTH!

ETA: this also is not comparable to aphogee - it's not as strong...Komaza care has a protein condish that is like an all natural version of aphogee ....works really well

Last edited:

napbella

I tried this too and it left a lot to be desired. I'm just past bsl and relaxed with coarse hair. This product did not do anything to help my hair, it left it hard and stinky. I've used other less expensive protein cons and gotten better results. I know its protein but dang it didnt do jack (for me).

prettybyrd

prettybyrd - thanks ever so much for the info. I use Aphogee too but I only have about 2" relaxed ends left so I was looking for something not so heavy... I also use the Lekair Cholesterol (love love love!!!) but wanted something a little heavier so this sounds perfect! Thanks again, x

claud-uk, You're welcome! And best of luck with the conditioner search. It can be a bit of a challenge to find exactly what works for you. And as for LeKair, if I weren't using only natural products this year, it would still be a staple. I loved that stuff! :) HHJ! :)