JBCO which is the best one for regrowth/breakage?

all_1_length

I started a thread a little while ago about my sister and her breaking hair. Well today she did a hard protein treatment (Aphogee 2 step). I just noticed that she has cut her hair shorter from shoulder length to neck length. My mom remarked about how damaged my sisters hair looked in the back but I didn't see it for myself so I really don't know how damaged it was before the cut.

I suppose she is trying to halt the damage and extreme shedding but the hard protein treatment won't be enough. She is still using heat (blow dryer + hot comb) on her hair even though her hair is stick straight all over. What else can she do to help her hair come back.

A little background on my sister's hair:
She is natural (supposedly).
She uses a semi permanent dye on her roots probably twice a month.I think she washes once a week.
She either flat irons or presses her hair with a hot comb but I don't know how often or whether she uses any heat protection.
She uses Keracare Hydrating Shampoo and Humectaco conditioner.
I don't know what her natural curl pattern is because it has been a long time since I have seen it.:ohwell:

Thanks.

all_1_length

Oh I forgot to ask about the JBCO. I use Jamaican Mango and Lime JBCO with the rosemary in it. They have so many different ones like JBCO with coconut oil, JBCO w/ lavender, JBCO original and extra dark. I wanted to give her some of mine but since Sally's has a $1 off coupon I think I'll get her a bottle of her own but which would be best for her situation?

Thanks again.

kxlot79

Kitchen Mixtress
I'm guessing you already told your sister that a heat protectant is probably beneficial to her already (presumably) heat damaged hair? At the very least, she should DC every cleansing...

But as far as the JBCO, having only used regular and extra dark myself, I'd recommend 1) the Rosemary JBCO and 2) the Lavender JBCO
Since I've never read the labelling of these, that's assuming real Rosemary/Lavender extracts. I know there has been scientific research into Rosemary's ability to aid in hair regrowth; there's also been some abstracts that I've read about lavender and hair regrowth but not nearly as many as rosemary.

On a personal note, I've done my own oil infusions with lavender and rosemary or using essential oils of these plants and I find them very stimulating to my scalp and enjoyable.

HTH! :)

Sent using LHCF app