JenniferMD need your braiding regimen

RabiaElaine

Hi ,

Paging JenniferMD, I need the regimen that you used when you wore braids for 9 months without relaxing. How long did you wait between sets of braids? How did you handle the 2 different textures when you were in between sets of braids? Any tips?

Thanks in advance :).

bumping for a response...i just want her total regimen(for braids and everything)..i just checked her photo album out for the 100th time...and im loving her hair...

Hey RabiaElaine and bluediamond0829--

I didn't wear braids for 9 months. I wore them for 4 months. Here's the 9 month breakdown though:

I was 4 months post relaxer when I got the braids
newgrowth7-th.jpg

I wore braids for 4 months
twist1-th.jpg

I waited 1 month after taking the braids out to get a relaxer but got blowouts to hold me over
hair6-th.jpg

My usually wait time in between relaxers is 4 months so handling the 9 months worth of newgrowth was unbearable. lol
hair3-th.jpg

I wore my hair in braids until my blowout because there was nothing else I could do with my hair
hair4-th.jpg

Combing the two textures was difficult but I took my time and combed my hair in small sections starting from the back with scurl moisturizer.
000_0588-th.jpg

My regular hair routine is very simple, I divide it up in two week increments:

Week one: Curly blowout from salon for 4 days then wear it in a wrap for the remaining 3 days
000_0329-th.jpg
100_1592-th.jpg

Week two: Wash my hair let it air dry wear a bun for 3-4 days then do a braidout for the remaing 4-3 days
000_0756-th.jpg
100_1808-th.jpg

I get relaxers every 4 months....I usually use Exclusives but most recently I used Vitale and liked it

Products:

NTM shampoo and conditioner
10 en 1 conditioner (for conditioner washes)
Surge ultra max
MegaHertz Serum
Finishing lotion moisturizer

thank u for the info....do you do the crown and glory method while your wearing your braids??? im thinking of trying this to see if i can get rid of the build up from when i take my braids out and for it not to be as dry..

bluediamond0829- I used the crown and glory method when I wore the braids for 4 months...it worked great and my hair wasn't dry after taking them out. This last time...I didn't use the crown and glory method because I didn't have enough room in my luggage to carry all the products. :laugh:

classimami713...Winter I wore synthic cornrows going back (Kept them in for 1 month). Summer I finally tried out the senaglese twist (kept them for one month too).

JenniferMD said:
Hey RabiaElaine and bluediamond0829--

I didn't wear braids for 9 months. I wore them for 4 months. Here's the 9 month breakdown though:

I was 4 months post relaxer when I got the braids
newgrowth7-th.jpg

I wore braids for 4 months
twist1-th.jpg

I waited 1 month after taking the braids out to get a relaxer but got blowouts to hold me over
hair6-th.jpg

My usually wait time in between relaxers is 4 months so handling the 9 months worth of newgrowth was unbearable. lol
hair3-th.jpg

I wore my hair in braids until my blowout because there was nothing else I could do with my hair
hair4-th.jpg

Combing the two textures was difficult but I took my time and combed my hair in small sections starting from the back with scurl moisturizer.
000_0588-th.jpg

My regular hair routine is very simple, I divide it up in two week increments:

Week one: Curly blowout from salon for 4 days then wear it in a wrap for the remaining 3 days
000_0329-th.jpg
100_1592-th.jpg

Week two: Wash my hair let it air dry wear a bun for 3-4 days then do a braidout for the remaing 4-3 days
000_0756-th.jpg
100_1808-th.jpg

I get relaxers every 4 months....I usually use Exclusives but most recently I used Vitale and liked it

Products:

NTM shampoo and conditioner
10 en 1 conditioner (for conditioner washes)
Surge ultra max
MegaHertz Serum
Finishing lotion moisturizer
Thanks for the info this has really helped me also. :D

Thanks Jennifer :)!!!!

I am going to be using the crown and glory technique for my braids, even though mine are smaller than she recommends. I am going to try the braid spray and Infusium spray on my braids daily, I'll use a little S-curl too every couple of days for added moisture. The next time I get braids I'm going to try to get bigger ones so that it will be closer to her technique. The problem is that I love human hair braids and it can be hard to use human hair for bigger braids.

Did you use the braid spray she recommended and the infusium daily as she recommended when you were in braids?

RabiaElaine said:
Thanks Jennifer :)!!!!

I am going to be using the crown and glory technique for my braids, even though mine are smaller than she recommends. I am going to try the braid spray and Infusium spray on my braids daily, I'll use a little S-curl too every couple of days for added moisture. The next time I get braids I'm going to try to get bigger ones so that it will be closer to her technique. The problem is that I love human hair braids and it can be hard to use human hair for bigger braids.

Did you use the braid spray she recommended and the infusium daily as she recommended when you were in braids?

Yeah, I followed her routine pretty strickly. I had a great outcome too! Good luck with your challenge. I looked at your pics and you did an awesome job with your braids!

Jen,

that was so cute how you posted pictures with descriptions
Btw.. I know you hear it a lot but here goes.

I love your hair :drool:

One way I've been able to get bigger braids using the human hair is by using a dab of

crazy glue at the end of the braid once you've pasted your own hair

you just really gotta make sure that it doesn't get on you own hair

the crazy glue really helps the big braid from unraveling

Jennifer-

Your album is great. I'm really loving your twist out. Can you tell me how to do your twists? Thanks.

WoW! I can't wait til my skills get more enhanced like yours! Beautiful hair! :love: :spinning: Oooh, more encouragement to keep on going!

Back