John Freida's Relax

Nikki

John Freida\'s Relax

I used the Straight Forward prior to setting my hair and my set came out real smooth and soft(like I went to the DS). Although it is used for blowdrying the effect that it had on my set was great. I am exactly 3 weeks into my relaxer and I have 1/2 inch of new growth, Normally when i set my hair it takes me a 1/2 an hour and I usually have to rewett my hair especially my roots, last night however after I applied the straight Forward it left a coating on my hair that kept it hydrated and although my roots still dried it laid down before I even put the roller in. Has any one tried this product and get such great results,, I am so estatic, like OMG I really don't have to go to get a professional wash and set because my hair came out the same way as if my girl Maria would do it (DS Sylist) Boy is she gonna be mad when I tell her my success. And I am very anal about the way my hair looks, My hair has to always look like a professional touched it, Go Nikki it's your B-day...

P.S. By the way that Motions CPR is the bomb, my hair was breaking, shedding (whatever, all I know is that hair was coming out) and it has come to a cease, i saw like three strands after I wrapped my fresh set. this product has been sitting on my shelf for like 3mths...who would have known

keylargo

Re: John Freida\'s Relax

thanks for sharing nikki. it's definately worth trying. does it have alcohol in it?

Nikki

Yes it does keylargo, but it's definitley a keeper for me especially when new growth starts coming in.. I know they say that the alchohol is drying for the hair (if I am not mistaken) but before I wrapped my hair I put a bit of razac in it (very small amount and I just bought the Mango Butter)and unwrapped it in the morning, beautiful salon results is all I can say. Can someone tell me the actual reason we stay away from products... Please educate me on this, because I really like this product

canuck

what kind of alcohol. Cetaryl alchol is thickening, not drying. I have never seen jf's relax here, but his frizz ease so did not work for any black woman i know (on nc.com i think funky chunky was kinda ok). But rumor has it that the creator was inspired by halle berry's unique problem about extending her relaxing time.