JOICO Moisture Recovery Balm and Avo'coco Rave!

msjones

Soooo I just got my hair relaxed a few days ago after my 10 week stretch (I am at full SL now!!!). It was kinda limp because my stylist neutralized before conditioning. So, I decided to clarify/deep condition/air-dry.

I started with Mizani Puriphying poo followed by the Botanifying Poo. I then towel dried, and used the Nexxus Emergencee as a protein treatment--sat under the dryer for 10 minutes to let it harden. Then I rinse, and followed up with quarter sized amount of Joico's Moisture Recovery Balm...i immediately felt all tangles melt out of my hair. I then sat under the dryer for about 15 minutes with that...followed by a warm rinse and then a cold rinse for shine. My hair was completely tangle free, with SO much slip!!!

I then used a little lacio on my hair...followed by a half-dime's worth of Cherie's Avo-Coco cream, and then rolled my hair in satin covered sponge rollers and went to bed. This morning my hair was SUPER moisturized, but still a little damp...so I just pinned it up into an updo. Its 3pm and my hair is AMAZING moisturized and fully dry!!!!

I dont know WHAT it is, but this combination is AMAZING. I'm sure both products will work well on their own, but i'm VERY happy with my results. I can't imagine using the avo'coco creme to straighten with heat though since it seems a little heavy. But it works very well for a Frizz Free air-dry!!!!

Thanks Joico and Cherie!!!!

gorgeoushair

Soooo I just got my hair relaxed a few days ago after my 10 week stretch (I am at full SL now!!!). It was kinda limp because my stylist neutralized before conditioning. So, I decided to clarify/deep condition/air-dry.

I started with Mizani Puriphying poo followed by the Botanifying Poo. I then towel dried, and used the Nexxus Emergencee as a protein treatment--sat under the dryer for 10 minutes to let it harden. Then I rinse, and followed up with quarter sized amount of Joico's Moisture Recovery Balm...i immediately felt all tangles melt out of my hair. I then sat under the dryer for about 15 minutes with that...followed by a warm rinse and then a cold rinse for shine. My hair was completely tangle free, with SO much slip!!!

I then used a little lacio on my hair...followed by a half-dime's worth of Cherie's Avo-Coco cream, and then rolled my hair in satin covered sponge rollers and went to bed. This morning my hair was SUPER moisturized, but still a little damp...so I just pinned it up into an updo. Its 3pm and my hair is AMAZING moisturized and fully dry!!!!

I dont know WHAT it is, but this combination is AMAZING. I'm sure both products will work well on their own, but i'm VERY happy with my results. I can't imagine using the avo'coco creme to straighten with heat though since it seems a little heavy. But it works very well for a Frizz Free air-dry!!!!

Thanks for the review on the Avo'coco cream. I've been wanting some reviews on this:)

Glad to hear you had a Happy Hair Day:) I know the feeling.

Last edited:

msjones

Thanks for the review on the Avo'coco cream. I've been wanting some reviews on this:)

Glad to hear you had a Happy Hair Day:) I know the feeling.

The avo'coco cream is great. However, the avo'coco oil moisturizer sounds good in theory, but separates ALOT so its kind of hard to use/looks a little funky...maybe Cherie will come in here w/ some suggestions???

Candy_C

Oh my gosh i just saw this!!!

msjones...give the oil moisturizer a GOOOOODDDD SHAKKKEEE seriousley

it will bind back :)