JOICO!!!

I just tried the Joico MR Styling Creme and I love it!! It is not very moisturizing on its own so I mixed it with my Lacio leave in but it does exactly what it says. Delivers soft hold with a bit of moisture. My hair is not hard or stick but it's a lot smoother. I airdry in a bun and as a transitioning 4b that means poofy hair at the roots for me with lots of frizz. After washing I detangled with this and Lacio and tied my hair down. When I woke up my usually puffy new growth was flat!

I have mixed Lacio with lots of products but never gotten these results with my natural hair. I think relaxed ladies will REALLY like it but it works very well on natural hair as well. Just make sure you use another moisturizer as well. This is so good for controlling my unruly hair and it doesn't feel tacky like I have a lot of product in it.

OK I definitely don't need anything that will make my hair hard and dry. I might have to re-think the PM because my 4B dry tail hair doesn't need anymore dryness. Ironically my sister who is also a LHCF member tried the PM for the first time last night and it seems like it works for her. Unfortunately we don't have the same hair type (we are both 4B but her is much softer to the touch and she doesn't have a lot of problems with dryness). I am currently using Redken Butter Treat as a leave in and it detangles my hair really well and moisturizes pretty well for the first few weeks of my relaxer but after that even Redken starts to laugh at my new growth. :nono: I just worry now that Redken won't be able to provide the amount of moisture I will need now that I am upping my protein.

I am really excited about trying the liquid reconstructor. I really hope that it works out because I do need to build up the strength of my hair with more protein treatments BUT I don't need something that will make my hair hard or dry it out.

Thanks girl for the reviews!

You know I was actually wondering if I was getting the full potential out of these Joico products, like could it get any better. Then I went through some old threads about shower filters. A lot of people said they experienced softer hair even after their hair dried and their hair responded better to their hair products. I am going to buy a filter this weekend to see if it makes a difference. Could be the traces of chlorine in the water that is actually drying our hair out. Just a thought:yep:

You know I was actually wondering if I was getting the full potential out of these Joico products, like could it get any better. Then I went through some old threads about shower filters. A lot of people said they experienced softer hair even after their hair dried and their hair responded better to their hair products. I am going to buy a filter this weekend to see if it makes a difference. Could be the traces of chlorine in the water that is actually drying our hair out. Just a thought:yep:

Thanks for looking out! I was really close to buying a shower filter a little while back but decided not to because the ones we were looking at didn't have a mechanism for you to turn the filter function off (I wanted to use the filter function only on wash day and not for daily use so that it would last longer). But now that I think about it, we could just install the filter in the shower of our guest bathroom and I can just use that one on wash day. Why didn't I think of that before now. :perplexed

Thanks for looking out! I was really close to buying a shower filter a little while back but decided not to because the ones we were looking at didn't have a mechanism for you to turn the filter function off (I wanted to use the filter function only on wash day and not for daily use so that it would last longer). But now that I think about it, we could just install the filter in the shower of our guest bathroom and I can just use that one on wash day. Why didn't I think of that before now. :perplexed

Cool if you decide to do this please post a review. My boyfriend and I are going to home depot tonight to purchase one. I am not washing again until Saturday but I'm too impatient:grin:

Now that I think of it I know my water is rancid to begin with. I live in an apartment and one time the water softener for the whole building went out and everyone's water was rusty brownish yellow. They came out and fixed it but I am now thinking how much crap is getting through still. I hate the thought of washing money (Joico) down the drain. For that price I want FULL benefits:lachen:

Cool if you decide to do this please post a review. My boyfriend and I are going to home depot tonight to purchase one. I am not washing again until Saturday but I'm too impatient:grin:

Now that I think of it I know my water is rancid to begin with. I live in an apartment and one time the water softener for the whole building went out and everyone's water was rusty brownish yellow. They came out and fixed it but I am now thinking how much crap is getting through still. I hate the thought of washing money (Joico) down the drain. For that price I want FULL benefits:lachen:
I have this one and I think it works great. My skin and hair are not as dry as they used to be. I've had it for 3 months.

http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/product.asp?order_num=1&SKU=13724199

ETA: I have VERY hard water.

I have this one and I think it works great. My skin and hair are not as dry as they used to be. I've had it for 3 months.

http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/product.asp?order_num=1&SKU=13724199

ETA: I have VERY hard water.

It's always good to hear that these filters are working for people. I bought a Sprite filter. I am hoping for the same thing you experienced, hair that's not as dry. I am going to do my Kpak recon tomorrow so hopefully it will take even better with the filter.

Does anyone DC with either the Joico Intense Hydrator or the Moisture Recovery Balm with heat? If so what are the results? I have been alternating between the two but just for 5 min w/o heat and was wondering if I'd get better results if I sat under the dryer. TIA.

PS. Also please tell me how long you sit under the dryer and on what heat setting.

JOICO 17 Minute Miracle is the truth.

I just used it on my 2 year old Lt Yaky lace front unit that is prone to tangles and just a general not good feel...it's very pretty however. I damaged it a bit with color.

I did the treatment last night and the hair is flowing and swanging like silk.

I'll take a picture with it on after I set it with the hot rollers.

I can't wait to try it on my head! I don't plan on straightening within the next two weeks but I think I'll do a treatment anyway. It says you can use it every week. I would only do a treatment once per month perhaps especially when I'm not using heat. I will also do a treatment before and after heat. (Minus the chelating poo before heat)

Does anyone DC with either the Joico Intense Hydrator or the Moisture Recovery Balm with heat? If so what are the results? I have been alternating between the two but just for 5 min w/o heat and was wondering if I'd get better results if I sat under the dryer. TIA.

PS. Also please tell me how long you sit under the dryer and on what heat setting.
I plan to use them both with heat, and I want to try adding a bit of glycerin and jojoba oil just to kick it up a notch for my natural hair.

Just tried the JOICO K-Pak reconstructor!!!

Ladies, I am in LOVE :love: :love: :cloud9: with this product. This is now one of my staple conditioners along with the Kenra Moisturizing conditioner that I followed it up with. I cannot begin to tell you how wonderful my hair looks and feels. This is definitely a keeper. I took advantage of the Trade Secret sale and when SO saw/felt my hair he told me to make sure I go back and get larger bottles before the sale ends :yay:

I plan to use them both with heat, and I want to try adding a bit of glycerin and jojoba oil just to kick it up a notch for my natural hair.

Great please be sure to give your review.:grin:

Ladies, I am in LOVE :love: :love: :cloud9: with this product. This is now one of my staple conditioners along with the Kenra Moisturizing conditioner that I followed it up with. I cannot begin to tell you how wonderful my hair looks and feels. This is definitely a keeper. I took advantage of the Trade Secret sale and when SO saw/felt my hair he told me to make sure I go back and get larger bottles before the sale ends :yay:

This is awesome! Glad it worked for you. I have about half a bottle of Kenra MC that is sitting around that I didn't toss out with the rest because it is good. I should try it, I heard it makes a good DC-I never used it as a DC. Did you DC with heat with the Kenra?

Fine Haired Chicks - the K-Pak liquid reconstructor leave in is on point!!! (Thanks Artemis) I have been using it for the past couple of weeks to see if it would weigh my hair done (nope) - I have been using this in lieu of my lacio lacio and when setting my hair - went to my old standby - LottaBody....This stuff is the ish!

Thought I would share!

Fine Haired Chicks - the K-Pak liquid reconstructor leave in is on point!!! (Thanks Artemis) I have been using it for the past couple of weeks to see if it would weigh my hair done (nope) - I have been using this in lieu of my lacio lacio and when setting my hair - went to my old standby - LottaBody....This stuff is the ish!

Thought I would share!

I was trying to figure out how to use this because I use the reconstructor once a week too. Do you use this instead of the reconstructor or do you use both?

Thanks for sharing!

This is awesome! Glad it worked for you. I have about half a bottle of Kenra MC that is sitting around that I didn't toss out with the rest because it is good. I should try it, I heard it makes a good DC-I never used it as a DC. Did you DC with heat with the Kenra?

It did, when I rinsed out my hair it was buttery soft. Then I called myself trying to dust/trim little scraggly ends, since my hair felt so good...it needed to look good, too :lachen:Anyways, I barely could hold my hair to trim because it was sooo soft and swingy.

I sat under the dryer with the Kenra MC for a little while and then just sat around the house the rest of the time.

I completely feel you! This is my new HG! I don't have to rely on Aveda DR to give me a hair miracle. The Reconstructor and Hydrator together may be the best combo I've ever used on my hair.

bumping, for results of the Intense hydrator with heat. I noticed that is says it seals the cuticle, just wondering if used with heat would it defeat the purpose.

bumping, for results of the Intense hydrator with heat. I noticed that is says it seals the cuticle, just wondering if used with heat would it defeat the purpose.

No not really but in you really may not need the heat. Just try putting it on and linger around in the shower for 5 minutes or so. You don't need a lot of extra manipulation with the product.

still head over heels in love with Moisture Recovery!! I washed before work this morning w/ the shampoo, and deep conditioned with the recovery balm. then i blowdried it without an attachment & pinned it into a ponytail. my hair is super soft & smells faintly of the condish. i get a whiff every time i turn my head. i love it!

Back