Just bought Creamy Unrefined Shea Butter!!

*Muffin*

I'm really excited to try out the Shea butter that I ordered online. It's 100% pure unrefined shea butter, and it's already creamy. I learned about it and ordered it from a link on Traycee's website at www.k-i-s-s.biz. I'm planning on using it as a moisturizer in replacement of the leave-in's I use. Anyone else use shea butter/ another kind of butter as a moisturizer, and if so, how do you like it? TIA :).

*Muffin*

Thanks for all your responses :)

Tanisha77: I've heard of Mango butter but I've never tried it. I'm definitely going to look into it.

Nya33

I love it too,i use it with jojoba oil when my hair is pressed. It keeps my hair really soft!

You will like it! :yep:

tbaby_8

Muffin make sure to post a review on how it works for you too. I am thinking about ordering it once I run out of my other butters that I already have.

wheezy807

I'm really excited to try out the Shea butter that I ordered online. It's 100% pure unrefined shea butter, and it's already creamy. I learned about it and ordered it from a link on Traycee's website at www.k-i-s-s.biz. I'm planning on using it as a moisturizer in replacement of the leave-in's I use. Anyone else use shea butter/ another kind of butter as a moisturizer, and if so, how do you like it? TIA :).
How much did you pay for shipping? I think i will order some soon, too.

MizzBrown

Quick question. What's the difference between this and the True Blue Spa line they sell at Bath And Body Works?? They have 100% Shea 'Too Shea' Butter Balm?

Is the only difference is that its bleached?

joyandfaith

I absolutely love Shea Butter. :yep: It leaves my hair so soft. After I co-wash, I apply a leave-in moisturizer and then seal with shea butter. It's worked well for me.

*Muffin*

How much did you pay for shipping? I think i will order some soon, too.

I picked the cheapest shipping (they give you a lot of options) and it cost $5.72 (plus $0.51 for sales tax) All in all it cost me $14.72 for a pound of it.

Last edited:

*Muffin*

Muffin make sure to post a review on how it works for you too. I am thinking about ordering it once I run out of my other butters that I already have.

I'll keep you all posted as to how my hair likes it. I usually use conditioners as leave-in's and I can't wait to see how my hair responds to it :grin:.

*Muffin*

Update: So my shea butter came yesterday :D and I tried it immediately. I co-washed my hair, blotted the excess moisture out of my hair, and applied the shea butter in my hair as if it were a conditioner. Let me just say that this was not good for me. It left my hair feeling very weighed down and greasy. So today in order to fix my mistake I co-washed my hair again, blotted my hair dry, applied a bit of conditioner in my hair and then coated my hair with a small amount of shea butter and this worked a lot better. My hair feels really soft and well moisturized. The shea butter is almost oily in consistency when it melts in your hands, so I'm going to treat it like an oil instead of a conditioner and coat my hair with it (along with a layer of coconut oil). I highly recommend it, just don't forget (like I did) that a little bit goes a long way :).

natieya

I just bought some of this. I hope my hair likes it. It looks so creamy and yummy. :grin:

I think I may use some of it and make whipped shea butter. Oh yeah! :)

Last edited:

Amari

Did any one elses batch arrive hard and not creamy?I sat on one of mine and it started to get a lil bit creamy but mine is hard,oh well...

*Muffin*

I just bought some of this. I hope my hair likes it. It looks so creamy and yummy. :grin:

I think I may use some of it and make whipped shea butter. Oh yeah! :)

I just got finished making my own version of whipped shea butter. I followed this lady's instruction's on youtube (forgive me, her name escapes me but she showed how to make it the lazy person's way, lol). All I really did was melt my Shea butter and mix in coconut oil, olive oil, rose oil, neem oil, honey, and aloe vera juice. I put it in the freezer for a couple of minutes to cool it down some, then I just started whipping it with a whisk every couple of minutes until cooled and turned creamy. I like it a lot better this way because it's more absorbable and less thick than actual shea butter.

natieya

Cool! If you find the link, please post it. I'd love the try the lazy way, too. I will have to use a lot less ingredients though. Or, I guess I could substitute some ingredients. I have coconut oil, but it's so precious to me, I dunno if I want to use it in this way, lol. Umm, what about oils I don't particularly care for? Maybe this will be a good use for them?

:grin:

*Muffin*

Cool! If you find the link, please post it. I'd love the try the lazy way, too. I will have to use a lot less ingredients though. Or, I guess I could substitute some ingredients. I have coconut oil, but it's so precious to me, I dunno if I want to use it in this way, lol. Umm, what about oils I don't particularly care for? Maybe this will be a good use for them?

:grin:

Here's the link right here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KHY9M8UOjec. She bought her shea butter from bath and body works I believe and it already came mixed with mango butter and some other essential oils. All she had to do was melt it down and whip it up. Mine turned out all right. It's a lot softer than my pure shea butter, but I think I need to perfect my method some. Anyway, check out the link :)

*Muffin*

Quick question. What's the difference between this and the True Blue Spa line they sell at Bath And Body Works?? They have 100% Shea 'Too Shea' Butter Balm?

Is the only difference is that its bleached?

Hmm, looks really interesting. Thank you for mentioning this line. I tried to go on the B&BW site to see if they listed the ingredients for this product, but they didn't. There was even one that had four natural butters mixed into it. In my opinion, as long as the ingredients are natural and there aren't any chemical additives in it it's all right in my book :yep:.

Fine 4s

I bought my dirty-white shea butter from a vendor. I paid $10 for 1lb. He wanted $15 :nono:. It was a solid mass. I had no idea how it would work but was excited to try it. As I was twisting my hair, I'd scoop up a bit, rub in my hand and apply to the hair. I noticed that even if I don't rub it in the hair, it would melt right in. I could see how it could weigh the hair down and could feel a lil' greasy. Since I was putting all my hair in a bun, it didn't bother me at all. In fact I sealed with castor oil which sometimes weighs my hair down as well. My twists seem much longer than last time I did them a few months ago. But then again, my hair was 90% dry before I started. Since I was doing a 3-hour job, I didn't keep up the rubbing and melting. I'd pick up a little piece with my fingers and just work it in the hair. I liked it so much that I used it on my skin and about to put some on my lips! I have a friend that will be traveling to Ghana and already placed my order for some unrefined raw shea butter (the white one). Thank goodness this thing doesn't expire.

I'm not sure but, to make it creamy (and I agree the application would be much easier and it also allows you to better control how much you apply) you might not need to melt it. Putting it in a blender should be enough. My friend had a vitamix blender/mixer and it came out like pudding.

*Muffin*

I bought my dirty-white shea butter from a vendor. I paid $10 for 1lb. He wanted $15 :nono:. It was a solid mass. I had no idea how it would work but was excited to try it. As I was twisting my hair, I'd scoop up a bit, rub in my hand and apply to the hair. I noticed that even if I don't rub it in the hair, it would melt right in. I could see how it could weigh the hair down and could feel a lil' greasy. Since I was putting all my hair in a bun, it didn't bother me at all. In fact I sealed with castor oil which sometimes weighs my hair down as well. My twists seem much longer than last time I did them a few months ago. But then again, my hair was 90% dry before I started. Since I was doing a 3-hour job, I didn't keep up the rubbing and melting. I'd pick up a little piece with my fingers and just work it in the hair. I liked it so much that I used it on my skin and about to put some on my lips! I have a friend that will be traveling to Ghana and already placed my order for some unrefined raw shea butter (the white one). Thank goodness this thing doesn't expire.

I'm not sure but, to make it creamy (and I agree the application would be much easier and it also allows you to better control how much you apply) you might not need to melt it. Putting it in a blender should be enough. My friend had a vitamix blender/mixer and it came out like pudding.

I totally agree with you on the not having to melt your shea butter thing. Ideally I didn't want to melt my shea butter but I did because I don't have a blender the only way I could whip it was to melt it so that I could do it by hand. Melting and whipping it with a whisk until it cools is a good option if you don't have an electric mixer or blender.

P.S. I saw some raw unrefined shea butter at the beauty supply store today! It was 100% natural and only cost $6.99 for a pound of it. I didn't buy it because I want to do more research on the company before I purchase. The manufacturer has a website called www.racosmetics.com.

Last edited:

Rei

i bought shea butter but someone in my building stole the package :( so now they are enjoying it i guess, and my hair is dry as tinder

Amari

i bought shea butter but someone in my building stole the package :( so now they are enjoying it i guess, and my hair is dry as tinder

I'm sorry to hear this,theres nothing that can be done at all?I know that's got to hurt to be looking forward to something like that and you spent that money.

*Muffin*

OMG, I'm so sorry to hear this! Maybe it's the fault of the delivery person. Aren't they supposed to knock to see if you're home before they drop your package off? Maybe they have a reimbursing policy.

Rei

OMG, I'm so sorry to hear this! Maybe it's the fault of the delivery person. Aren't they supposed to knock to see if you're home before they drop your package off? Maybe they have a reimbursing policy.

So, after extensive calls to both Fedex and to the place where I bought the shea butter, Fedex agreed to look into the driver, and also they are shipping out another one free of charge! this place is definitely reccomended! :)

Fine 4s

I totally agree with you on the not having to melt your shea butter thing. Ideally I didn't want to melt my shea butter but I did because I don't have a blender the only way I could whip it was to melt it so that I could do it by hand. Melting and whipping it with a whisk until it cools is a good option if you don't have an electric mixer or blender.

P.S. I saw some raw unrefined shea butter at the beauty supply store today! It was 100% natural and only cost $6.99 for a pound of it. I didn't buy it because I want to do more research on the company before I purchase. The manufacturer has a website called www.racosmetics.com.

Is the BSS a chain? Girl, spill it!