Just bought Creamy Unrefined Shea Butter!!

*Muffin*

So, after extensive calls to both Fedex and to the place where I bought the shea butter, Fedex agreed to look into the driver, and also they are shipping out another one free of charge! this place is definitely reccomended! :)

I'm so happy to hear that! Now you get to enjoy your shea butter, too!

The Princess

I loving Sheabutter, I have two kinds, I haven't used the pure sheabutter straight yet. I use sheabutter sheamoisture and sheabutter hair lotion. I love them both. Its great and moisturizing.

Lavendar

Thanks Muffin for starting this post. I'm gonna try this for my family's skin. Everyone is dry as a bone, but allergic to just about everything. We've been using virgin coconut oil, but I'd like something a little heavier for the winter.

*Muffin*

Thanks Muffin for starting this post. I'm gonna try this for my family's skin. Everyone is dry as a bone, but allergic to just about everything. We've been using virgin coconut oil, but I'd like something a little heavier for the winter.

You're Welcome. So far I've been loving my Shea butter. I even made whipped shea butter with some goodies I had in my house. It's a lot more absorbable than the pure Shea Butter and my ends feel very hydrated from it. I think it would make a great winter moisturizer :yep:.

*Muffin*

Any of you ladies got any favorite recipes for whipped shea butter? So far I've just been using some staple products that I have in my house. I used:

Coconut Oil
Olive Oil
Neem oil (just a little 'cause it's smelly)
Rose Oil (carried in jojoba oil)
Honey
Aloe Vera Juice

girlcherokee

i think i found it - is this the place? Muffin, do you have any new thoughts on how your shea butter works or ways to use it. i am changing up my moisturizing routine for the winter so i am just wondering about this as an option.

Stiletto_Diva

I just started usung shea butter and it has worked wonders for my hair. I can now have second day hair without wetting it. my hair also isn't dry anymore. Here is my recipe:

Shea butter
Coconut oil
CoCasta Shikakai Herbal Hair Oil - from hairveda
and a little bit of henna powder.

I found this mixture a little too oily for me so now I add SitriNillah Deep Conditioning Masque from Hairveda. This is the perfect moisturizer for me. It has been the only thing to moisturize my hair.

LynnieB

P.S. I saw some raw unrefined shea butter at the beauty supply store today! It was 100% natural and only cost $6.99 for a pound of it. I didn't buy it because I want to do more research on the company before I purchase. The manufacturer has a website called www.racosmetics.com.

I bought this a couple years ago from a BSS. They had a variety of scents along with the plain shea. I bought a jar of the lemon scented one and the plain.

It's fine, really.

Sidenote, did you read the product description on that page?:

http://www.racosmetics.com/hairNails.html

Hair and Nails

Your hair and skin and nails are under constant attack from the elements and products you use. In the winter, they are exposed to cold, dry unforgiving weather. In the summer, they battle hot, muggy weather and the full wrath of the sun. Not to mention minor cuts, burns, bruises and natural skin conditions like psoriasis, dandruff and eczema.

Our Shea Butter when used on Hair and Nails gives provides the following:

Protects the scalp from sores and rashes.

Strengthens weak hair, and helps to prevent it from breaking, fading or thinning out.

Fortifies cooties and nails.

:lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen:

Dial 911.
Can't breeve :grin:.
Turning blueeeeeee

Ok - maybe cooties is slang for something else, yes? :grin:

Cleve_gryl

I love my shea butter!! I whipped some up with coconut and avocado oil to make it easier to apply. It is a tad heavy, but great after a cowash when you're going to just bun. Makes the skin good and greasy too :grin:

*Muffin*

Yeah, I still love my shea butter. I use it mainly for my ends, and they haven't been giving me major problems since. I want to start using it for my body as well, but I've got to figure out a way of mixing it that makes it glide on smoother because it can be quite thick and heavy. I'll probaby try whipping it with lighter oils and use a bit less shea :yep:.

Liberianmami26

whats the difference between the white and yellow one? i just got mine today and its a yellow color not too keen on the smell but it feels good.

OhSoOthentik

P.S. I saw some raw unrefined shea butter at the beauty supply store today! It was 100% natural and only cost $6.99 for a pound of it. I didn't buy it because I want to do more research on the company before I purchase. The manufacturer has a website called www.racosmetics.com.

I just purchased this exact same brand. I love it so far.!

MissDevineNana

Ok, So i bought some a few months ago and i liked how it made my hair feel. But the smell of it bothered me. I need a solution for making the smell not so bad. It makes me feel like my hair smells dirty. I dunno. Any Suggestions??

MissDevineNana

Also Here is a site that i just found that has everything you could ever want shea butter. Very interesting i think i am going to order some stuff bc they have scented shea butters, and also have mango, avocado, olive, aloe and many other butters, ALSO whipped butters. Not to mention all of the other stuff they have on this site. Take a look!!! Good luck, i hope its Helpful!

http://www.afrikanrepublic.com/cat_hair.cfm