Just for Me Texture Softener

This is what I found. It says it's not a texturizer or relaxer, but you have to apply it every 10-12 weeks. :confused:
FAQ's

* What is Just For Me!â„¢ Texture Softenerâ„¢?
Texture Softener is not a relaxer or a texturizer. Just For Me Texture Softener is a hair treatment breakthrough that softens the natural hair texture of tightly curled and kinky hair.

* My daughter's curly⁄kinky hair is difficult to manage. Should I use Just For Me Texture Softner?
Tightly curled hair tangles causing breakage when combed. Just For Me Texture Softener softens the natural hair texture to prevent combing and styling damage and breakage.•

* What is the Anti-Breakage Sunflower Oil Formula?
An exclusive component that works within the Just For Me Texture Softener to naturally and gently soften tight curls and kinks.

* Just For Me also makes a relaxer for children. How is Texture Softener different?
Just For Me Relaxer is made especially for children to gently and effectively straighten hair. Naturally gentle Texture Softener softens the natural hair texture to increase hair manageability.

* How old does my child have to be to get a Just For Me Texture Softener?
Texture Softener is so gentle it can be used on girls as young as 5 years old.

* How long does Just For Me Texture Softener last?
To keep hair manageable, we suggest that you reapply the Just For Me Texture Softener cream to new hair growth every 10-12 weeks.

* Once my daughter has a Texture Softener, how do I care for her hair?
Children�*s hair is different for adult�*s hair. Just For Me offers a variety of cleansing and conditioning and styling products made especially for children to meet all of your hair care needs. Visit www.jfmvipclub.com for product details and styling tips.

This thing looks like a silkener!!lol I am tempted to use it on myself. If I had a daughter I would probably use this(if I wanted to loosen her curl pattern). It is milder than the Just for me Relaxer and you can transition if you already had a relaxer previously.

it's got calcium hydroxide in it, which is made to relax the hair... maybe not as strong as lye.. but....:ohwell:

Yeah sounds like it is a mild relaxer. They dance around it and all but when it says don't apply pressure or smooth because the hair may become too straight, lol, it's gotta be a relaxer. That's cute though calling it a hair softener, people always trying to trick us. They know people don't really want to relax their kids hair but just wish their hair could be "softer". One day someone may create a real "softener" that is not a harsh chemical.

Okay, here's what were gonna do:
One of the relaxed ladies here is going to buy a box of the softener, and keep the receipt.
She needs to remember to wear a hat in the store so the video surveillance can capture her.
She files a law suit saying that her hair became permanently straightened.
She goes on TV crying saying she feels like a sell out.
We sue Just For Me for 10 million dollars.
We laugh all the way to the bank.

Eiano said:
One of the relaxed ladies here is going to buy a box of the softener, and keep the receipt.
She needs to remember to wear a hat in the store so the video surveillance can capture her.

:lachen: :lachen: :lachen: great idea! All I need is a $100,000 of that money.

secretdiamond said:
I think they should be SUED for false advertisement! :mad:

My gut agrees with this! But my intellect says that might could get away with it.... It's very misleading though.... the uninformed hair care product consumer will be very deceived.

There ought to be a law... or a Better Business Bureau Hades to which to send these products....

Hmmm... could this really be that bad? I mean people relax their 3 yr olds heads right? :look: Has anyone seen it in the stores?

Ok I think it is a silkener and they really should say that up front esp. since it's being marketed for children-that's just shady. Strand test, and allergy test?
Did you see the video, it's a stragiht up silkener.
http://www.texturesoftener.com/

Last edited:
Lucia said:
Ok I think it is a silkener and they really should say that up front esp. since it's being marketed for children-that's just shady. Strand test, and allergy test?
Did you see the video, it's a stragiht up silkener.
http://www.texturesoftener.com/

Do softener and silkener mean the same thing? What's the diff between a silkener and a texturizer?

bmoreflyygirl said:
Do softener and silkener mean the same thing? What's the diff between a silkener and a texturizer?
Looking at the results they got on the video demo and the results they get from the before and afters at curve/miss jessie's it looks like hte same process to me. JMO

I first saw it advertised in SBH and I was pretty sure it was a texturizer/softener/mild relaxer or whatever you want to call it.

I went to my local bss and they had it, along with a little info packet. I looked at the ingredients and they were pretty much the same as the ones on the relaxer. The only thing that was different was that the softener has a special conditioner that is supposed to have sunflower oil in it. They are marketing it like that is the reason why the hair is softer, not the fact that you have to process the hair and then use the conditioner.

It says that it's safe enough to use on girls as young as 5 years old. But you do have to retouch the hair and only apply it to the new growth.

Same instructions as a relaxer, so it's the same type of product IMO.

B_Phlyy said:
I first saw it advertised in SBH and I was pretty sure it was a texturizer/softener/mild relaxer or whatever you want to call it.

I went to my local bss and they had it, along with a little info packet. I looked at the ingredients and they were pretty much the same as the ones on the relaxer. The only thing that was different was that the softener has a special conditioner that is supposed to have sunflower oil in it. They are marketing it like that is the reason why the hair is softer, not the fact that you have to process the hair and then use the conditioner.

It says that it's safe enough to use on girls as young as 5 years old. But you do have to retouch the hair and only apply it to the new growth.

Same instructions as a relaxer, so it's the same type of product IMO.

i watched the video, it's just a relaxer, the only difference is that you add half the bottle of oil to the relaxer and the other half to directly to the hair, the breakdown of the bonds of the hair are slowed down by the oil

So this was on their blog..and I am still confused

As with any product, you should wait several months before applying. The JFMTS does have a mild chemical so you do need to be careful when applying. Please make sure that you read the directions very carefully. It also suggests that you test a small section of your hair just to make sure that you get the results you desire. Try not to apply it to the previously permed section of your hair, only to the new growth.

Remember, the texture softener is not a relaxer. It will, however, help to lengthen the curls to make them more manageable. If that makes sense. It in no way takes the curl out of your hair.

destiny616 said:
i watched the video, it's just a relaxer, the only difference is that you add half the bottle of oil to the relaxer and the other half to directly to the hair, the breakdown of the bonds of the hair are slowed down by the oil

and don't some of the ladies on here add oil or conditioner to their relaxers and/or dry hair anyway? they stole the idea from lhcf!!!

this is such a scam. just call it what it is.:lachen:

imstush said:
So this was on their blog..and I am still confused

As with any product, you should wait several months before applying. The JFMTS does have a mild chemical so you do need to be careful when applying. Please make sure that you read the directions very carefully. It also suggests that you test a small section of your hair just to make sure that you get the results you desire. Try not to apply it to the previously permed section of your hair, only to the new growth.

Remember, the texture softener is not a relaxer. It will, however, help to lengthen the curls to make them more manageable. If that makes sense. It in no way takes the curl out of your hair.

:confused:

The kit comes with neutralizing shampoo....so its just a mild relaxer. If it weren't then why use neutralizing shampoo? :confused: Some companies will do anything to get business.....

Eiano said:

:lachen: :lachen: :lachen: :lachen: I'm witcha on this!

StartinOvah said:
and don't some of the ladies on here add oil or conditioner to their relaxers and/or dry hair anyway? they stole the idea from lhcf!!!

this is such a scam. just call it what it is.:lachen:

:lachen: :lachen:

Back