Just For Me Texture Softner-Anyone heard of it?

kitten73

Have any of you ladies heard of this new product or better yet used it yet and if so can I have your opinion? I saw an advertisement for it in a hair magazine today and it has peeked my interest. I have a 9 year old daughter and I don't want to relax her hair and make it straight but I would like to use something to loosen the curl. I went to the website www.jfmvipclub.com and I read all the information and watched the instructional demo. I plan on doing an allergy test and a strand test to see how her hair reacts to it. Again I don't want her to lose her curl, just loosen it a bit. It sounds like a texturizer but even gentler.

glamazon386

I saw it in the store, I was thinking about using it. I bumped a thread up about it on here last week but it seems like nobody has tried it yet. From what was said in the thread though, it seems like a silkener or a very mild perm. Sorry I couldn't be of much help.

IAOJ

I used it 3 weeks ago. I had 3b/c thick hair that is a bit tighter in my kitchen. I just wanted to get rid of some bulk and frizz so that my hair would lay down in the front when I put it into a ponytail. I've never had a regular perm or texturizer so i cant really compare it stregnthwise, but I left it on for 10 minutes which is the longest time made for coarse hair. It took me to a 3b overall and got rid of frizz. Its still a perm but it seems really mild, so it might not do much unless your daughter is already in the 3 range. Since its marketed to mixed girls, I think they have the timing guides based on somone who is at most 3c.

After I deep cond. with ORS replinishing pack with amla oil mixed in and left it on overnight.

Last edited:

kitten73

bmoreflyygirl said:
I saw it in the store, I was thinking about using it. I bumped a thread up about it on here last week but it seems like nobody has tried it yet. From what was said in the thread though, it seems like a silkener or a very mild perm. Sorry I couldn't be of much help.

Thanks for your response. I think your right, it's fairly new and I don't think too many people even know about it yet. I am hoping for more responses though. By the way, I am loving yout hair. Always Flyy!

kitten73

atltophilly said:
I used it 3 weeks ago. I had 3b/c thick hair that is a bit tighter in my kitchen. I just wanted to get rid of some bulk and frizz so that my hair would lay down in the front when I put it into a ponytail. I've never had a regular perm or texturizer so i cant really compare it stregnthwise, but I left it on for 10 minutes which is the longest time made for coarse hair. It took me to a 3b overall and got rid of frizz. Its still a perm but it seems really mild, so it might not do much unless your daughter is already in the 3 range. Since its marketed to mixed girls, I think they have the timing guides based on somone who is at most 3c.

After I deep cond. with ORS replinishing pack with amla oil mixed in and left it on overnight.

Finally, someone who has tried it. Deja is a 3b I think. She has never had a relaxer. I have been getting wonderful results with the Maxi Glide when we do her hair straight. In the summer, she wears a wash and go, we put some gel in it and she wears it curly. When her hair dries we deal with the tangles and the frizzie dryness though. I have used just about everything out there to control her hair. Braids work nice but they get frizzie and old looking after 3 days. I don't want her to lose her natural texture, she really likes that she can go from curly to straight. Now when you wash your hair, do you still have the curl pattern you had before using the product?

IAOJ

kitten73 said:
When her hair dries we deal with the tangles and the frizzie dryness though. I have used just about everything out there to control her hair. Braids work nice but they get frizzie and old looking after 3 days. I don't want her to lose her natural texture, she really likes that she can go from curly to straight. Now when you wash your hair, do you still have the curl pattern you had before using the product?

I did lose some of the texture. It went from 3b/3c mix to a 3b. I dont mind though cause its not a difference that people can really tell and I think it looks great. I proably wont have to do it again if I dont want to b/c it will blend easily with my hair as it grows. Its mostly less thick at the top but thats becuase I smoothed the edges and top. But if its just frizziness you are worried about there are a lot of products that can get rid of frizz and weigh the hair down.

glamazon386

atltophilly said:
I did lose some of the texture. It went from 3b/3c mix to a 3b. I dont mind though cause its not a difference that people can really tell and I think it looks great. I proably wont have to do it again if I dont want to b/c it will blend easily with my hair as it grows. Its mostly less thick at the top but thats becuase I smoothed the edges and top. But if its just frizziness you are worried about there are a lot of products that can get rid of frizz and weigh the hair down.

Ooh finally somebody that's used it! I think I might try it if my curls aren't "hanging" more in about 6 months.