Just Left Marvin Carrington

A

AmilLion

Well guys, I received my touch-up tonight and I must say, I had a significant amount of new growth. However, tonight, I took the plunge, I had an inch trimmed off (or should I say cut). I must admit, my hair appears much healthier and thicker.

Tonight, Marvin did everything for me. He based my scalp, washed, trimmed, roller sat and styled me. He made product recommendations such as the Biosilk Silk Therapy being that there's about 2" of damaged ends left. /images/graemlins/mad.gif He also commented that a rinse would give my damaged ends the appearance of healthy hair. Why? Well he said that damaged ends generally appear lighter on the tip, there by adding a rinse which will coat my hair, will give a uniform color throughtout, thus giving my dull ends life and the appearance of thicker hair strands.

All in all, my visit was nice. For those whoever never been to him, he applies the relaxer rather quickly and gives stimulating shampoo's. I'm on the road of success, but it's just a matter of getting the next 2" cut off.

For my hair, he suggested touch-ups appromixatly every six weeks to avoid overprocessing by attempting to pull the relaxer too far down. Suggested products included: Sebation Potion 9 leave in, Biosilk Silk Therapy, ORS, Affirm 5 n 1, Wellon Leave in and about 3 other products I can't remember lol.

Also, he charged me $90 rather than the $110 tonight and gave me some of his Biosilk to take home to start off with. I thought that was really nice of him. Don't ya think.

azul11

i would love to go to marvin he seems like he is really knowledgable about hair. it's the price that is what is stopping me. i have never paid more than 60 for a relaxer. maybe for my birthday or for a special event i may give him a try. God bless you all.

daviine

Hey Amillion---I'm glad that you enjoyed your visit. I am wondering one thing though---why does he does everything for you but when I went all he did was the actual relaxer, trimming and the styling. The assistant based my hair, shampooed me, and roller set me. I find that to be slightly disturbing especially if I'm going to be paying %100+ plus tip. I'd like to know what determines whether he does your hair or not because when I went, I was the first appointment and no one else was there.

On a more encouraging note, I'm glad to see that he recommeded differnt products than what he recommeded me. For a while there, it seemed (to me)that he was recommending the same things to everyone.

Nyambura

surfer girl
</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
Suggested products included: Sebation Potion 9 leave in, Biosilk Silk Therapy

[/ QUOTE ]

Amillion, please let me know how you like the Biosilk Silk Therapy. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

A

AmilLion

daviine said:
Hey Amillion---I'm glad that you enjoyed your visit. I am wondering one thing though---why does he does everything for you but when I went all he did was the actual relaxer, trimming and the styling. The assistant based my hair, shampooed me, and roller set me. I find that to be slightly disturbing especially if I'm going to be paying %100+ plus tip. I'd like to know what determines whether he does your hair or not because when I went, I was the first appointment and no one else was there.

On a more encouraging note, I'm glad to see that he recommeded differnt products than what he recommeded me. For a while there, it seemed (to me)that he was recommending the same things to everyone.

[/ QUOTE ]

Mmm....to be honest with you, I couldn't explain why he didn't do everything for you and you were the first appointment?!?!?! Mmm...that's interesting especially being that I had a (squeezed in 5:30appt) and his last customer!!! /images/graemlins/ohwell.gif /images/graemlins/ohwell.gif

lol@ recommending the same hair products. I guess my new recommended products was a breath of fresh air.

Kitkat

Good for you, AmilLion. It's so nice to hear about a great salon experience! How nice of him to give you some of the product he recommended to start you out, and to discount your total bill a little. Sounds like he knows about customer service.

Pumpkin

I am wondering one thing though---why does he does everything for you but when I went all he did was the actual relaxer, trimming and the styling. The assistant based my hair, shampooed me, and roller set me.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am wondering the same thing too. However, when I went for a condition Friday, he did everything and I assumed that was because his assistant wasn't there. AmilLion, Was his assistant there when you went? Also does he do EVERYTHING for you everytime you see him? Maybe we should request he do everything when we schedule appointments /images/graemlins/confused.gif

Other than that I cannot complain. He gave my hair a 7 1/2 when I saw him which is more than I expected /images/graemlins/grin.gif I also saw his wife when I went there. What a lucky womean! I wish I had a man that was an experienced professional stylist. My hair would have the hook up every single day!