Just need a little help with my dry hair!!!!

Geminigirl

I used some henna on my hair about a week ago and it dried my hair out really bad. I rinsed and rinsed and that mess would not come all the way out. The water rinsed clean and like a week later I am washing my hair it's still in there. I see orange. Then I steam and DC and when I look at my hair I can see the henna sitting on there. So I shampoo'd with KCCC and and Shikaki whatever bar and conditioned again and again and my hair is still brittle, knotty and dry. What do I do? Dc overnight? Oil? WHAT?? My hair is acting so funky I hate her right now!!! Also I bought some Scurl cause that's my go to moisturizer and it's warming up but nope my hair does become easier to comb through and softer but it's still dry and brittle. Should I cowash even though co washing is doing nothing for me?

Im really no expert at this lol...but I will respond anyway. I think you should DC overnight. I love the way my hair feels after I use ORS replenishing conditioner and the smell is a plus.

Hey Gemini girl, I would check on the moisturising pre-poo post thread. Its a recipe created by Chicoro I think and its worked really well for me and also for my sister who suffered from extreme dryness after trying indigo,

thanks for the responses. I will try one or both of these and hopefully it works. Right now I can try and DC overnight even though I am out of DC, I'll figure something out cause this is making me mad. My edges have broken off and my hair is just icky and brittle.

thanks for the responses. I will try one or both of these and hopefully it works. Right now I can try and DC overnight even though I am out of DC, I'll figure something out cause this is making me mad. My edges have broken off and my hair is just icky and brittle.

@Geminigirl - What did you ended up doing? Did you overcome the dryness? If so how long did it take.

the ladies gave great suggestions and hopefully they will work. i'm not a henna fan for this reason and it seems like too much work.....i'm hair lazy,lol.

You could try giving your hair a spritz of water then sealing with a tiny bit of coconut oil (or the oil your hair likes best) on each section. You might have to do this every day for a few days.

Next wash: pre Poo (i.use olive oil). Then shampoo .when you add your condit put some oil on top let it all sit after that style as usual without forgetting to.check that its Well moisturized . (i personnel blow dry after.wash and add s.curl lite gel then put hair in.sections.of twists and stick around home). Find à good ps and baggy.baggy baggy .i had to baggy night and day (under wig)

For henna :make sûre its.neutral . Make your.mix.but add lots of oil in it. (i added olive oil +egg) my hair felt so good.the first time it came out.dry (without.the oil)

Back