Just out of curiousity

isawstars

What would happen if someone with relaxed hair used shampoo or conditioner that is recommended for curly hair?

My hair isn't relaxed bone straight and when i let it air dry and don't comb it, my hair is slightly wavey/curly... especially my kitchen area... except it's poofy. I'm curious to see if curly shampoo & conditioner would give my hair more defined curls... lol i know this must sound silly... what are your thoughts?

meia

i agree..i think the only thing it would do is moisturize extra...most curly hair product makers know that it tends to be drier and perhaps coarser because of the bends, twists, and curves of the cuticle..the moisture has to be there so thats the only thing that can be different from other shampoos and/or conditioners..

besides that, expect no other adverse consequences..

L

lkg4healthyhair

Kristenxdollface said:
What would happen if someone with relaxed hair used shampoo or conditioner that is recommended for curly hair?

My hair isn't relaxed bone straight and when i let it air dry and don't comb it, my hair is slightly wavey/curly... especially my kitchen area... except it's poofy. I'm curious to see if curly shampoo & conditioner would give my hair more defined curls... lol i know this must sound silly... what are your thoughts?

I agree I dont think curly shampoos or conditioners will do anything. If you want to see if you have a curl pattern how about buying a curl enhancing product like Garnier or Tresseme non alcohol curling mousse or IC Gel with sparkelites, or Dream curls by John frieda etc. and add it to your hair wet. Try scrunching it...you may get curls/waves or nothing but you could try.

For me I was washing my hair one day and my friend came to visit so I put in a leave in cond and put my hair up in a towel (turbie twist) hours later it fell off my head and I had a head full of curls (with a relaxer). I was shocked.

HoneyDew

I use them because they seem to be more conditioning. My SO has type 2 hair and he uses Pantene for Curly hair because it tames it a little more.

sylver2

meia said:
i agree..i think the only thing it would do is moisturize extra...most curly hair product makers know that it tends to be drier and perhaps coarser because of the bends, twists, and curves of the cuticle..the moisture has to be there so thats the only thing that can be different from other shampoos and/or conditioners..

besides that, expect no other adverse consequences..

This is true.
I use to use the LOreal Curl Vive conditioner, shampoo all the time. Very moisturtizing