Just washed and air dried my hair

Shariracquel

Help you guys!! I must be a handicap when it comes to doing my hair but I wash my hair and air dry it in between my visits to the dominican salon but i can't seem to find a style for my hair. I put bantu knots and it came out horrible - what is a girl to do. Thank god today is a rainy day or else I'd have no excuse to put a hat on my head.

Anyway's as you see my problem is doing something other than a braid out to my hair after it is washed. I perfer not to do a braid out because I feel that you lose to much hair when you are ready to wash it out. Unless you plan on washing it that night, braid outs are not good when it comes to detangling your hair after one day.

So I basically want to know does anyone have any suggestions, what do you do with your hair after it is airdried???

3c/4a - I think

my fotik link is in my profile - p
password is dimples

Current length - refer back to album

bajanplums1

I air dry my hair 50% and then put it in rollers and let it dry the other 50%. I apply moisturizer before adding the rollers. When dry and I take out the rollers I wrap it and then wear it out or in a ponytail--basically a doobie.

renee_n_3000

What was it about the results of the bantu knot set that you didn't like? I ask because this is one of my favorite styles right now, so maybe I can offer some tips with that.

Isis

After I airdry my hair in a rollerset, I braid my hair for an updo or braidout - it never tangles my hair and I don't lose any hair because of this style. As Neroli is suggesting, perhaps it is your airdrying technique.

Shariracquel

Okay, well I just air dry my hair with it down, I do not put anything in my hair, maybe a leave in conditioner, and that's it. When you say air dry i thought most people just leave their hair out, but I find that it leaves my hair frizzy when its combed out and its just not right, you know what I mean.

So maybe I should put rollers, but that is so much work in itself, Im so lazy and I wish there was another way but I guess I should do that until my hair grows some more and then air dry it the way I like without anything.

bajanplums1

Shariracquel said:
Okay, well I just air dry my hair with it down, I do not put anything in my hair, maybe a leave in conditioner, and that's it. When you say air dry i thought most people just leave their hair out, but I find that it leaves my hair frizzy when its combed out and its just not right, you know what I mean.

So maybe I should put rollers, but that is so much work in itself, Im so lazy and I wish there was another way but I guess I should do that until my hair grows some more and then air dry it the way I like without anything.

honestly, I am thinking that the leave in conditioner is insufficient. Liquid leave ins never straightened my 4a hair which dries frizzy and wavy if it has no product & I have a relaxer.

I use 2 items in my hair when air drying
* immediately after wash & condition, I use the a pea size of my conditioner as a leave in--elucence moisture balancing conditioner, but even this does nto straighten my hair, it just keeps it soft as it is drying.
* once my hair is 50% dry I add mango butter & oil. This is what straightens my hair. Yes, the rollers do help, but it has worked in a ponytail too or sometines I put it in 5 ponytails with a roller on each end.

I THINK YOU NEED A MOISTURIZER & an OIL to lock it in and some straightening method--rollers or a ponytail.

Shariracquel

You know I do have a mosturizer and an oil as well, those 5 ponys sound interesting I think I will try it tomorrow, and then go under my dryer with it.

And I use shea butter oil and 100% coconut oil - and also maybe this is caused by my new growth, anytime I see it, its like I never know what to do with it you know, Im just scared to touch it which is bad, but I've always been scared of my head no matter how soft it was.

bajanplums1

Shariracquel said:
You know I do have a mosturizer and an oil as well, those 5 ponys sound interesting I think I will try it tomorrow, and then go under my dryer with it.

And I use shea butter oil and 100% coconut oil - and also maybe this is caused by my new growth, anytime I see it, its like I never know what to do with it you know, Im just scared to touch it which is bad, but I've always been scared of my head no matter how soft it was.

please let me know how it works out. also, you can air dry, it's your choice but I do not use heat at all and my hair comes out as straight as it I blow dried. as for new growth, once it gets out of hand i apply oils & grease, I finger comb it and I keep my hair up in pins until it is time to relax. good luck--post the results.