Just what IS the Stinky Challenge?

PittGirl06

Hair product junkie reloaded!
pardon me...I don't have my glasses on so if my typin looks crazy that's the reason!!

so, what is the stinky challenge?

whats in it?

Do you spray it or massage it in?

does it go on the scalp or on the hair?

do u do this only when u are wearing your real hair out or do u do it when u are in braids too?

how often do u do it?

how often do u wash when on the stinky challenge?

what's your results been like?

thanks...

btw, i know i couldda searched but its just more convenient to post a new thread :grin:

jaded_faerie

To incorporate, some or all of these into your regimen....sulfur 8, glovers mane, frenchees, etc.

I apply S8 and glovers on my scalp every other night as well as use the S8, glovers, and surge on my edges.

on my scalp

do u do this only when u are wearing your real hair out or do u do it when u are in braids too?
Ive been doing it with my real hair out, but once i get braids i will be using it as well, but only once a week.

how often do u do it?
every other day

I do conditioner washes every other day...So i CW in the morning, and apply the "stinky" products that night

I have not measured my hair in a while, but my edges are starting to fill in....and i have tons of new growth.

I hope i helped :)

Shatani

could i have the exact names of the products please??? i mean, are you using the sulfur 8 grease or the spray or the oil or something i aint even heard of??? same with the glovers.....TIA!

jaded_faerie

i am using the sulfur 8 original formula grease and i am using the original glovers dandruff control medicine....it is oil like.

PittGirl06

does it just stink to the person wearing it or do other people smell it too? also....who here is the stinkiest? that is, who wars the most leathal combo of stinky products?

CLASSYEBONYGIRL

The stinky challenge consist of sulfer 8 medicated original formula anti-dandruff hair & scalp conditioner (it's actually hair oil (grease) not a conditioner) and glover's dandruff control medicine for hair and scalp (regular formula). You can either mix them together or they can be used separately. The sulfer 8 can be used as a hair oil on the scalp and the glover's can be used on the scalp as a pre-poo as the directions recommended. I mixed mine together and added some WGO, carrier oils and essential oils.

whats in it?

Sulfer 8 consist of sulfur 2% (active ingredient), petrolatum, lanolin, sorbitan trioleate, polysorbate-81, menthol, triclosan, mineral oil, fragrance (inactive ingredients) and Glover's consist of Sulfer 2.5% (active ingredients), mineral oil (paraffum liquidum), polysorbate-85, quanternium-18 hectorite, propylene glycol, benzyl alcohol, fragrance (inactive ingredients)

I massage it in my scalp.

It goes on the scalp.

I dont wear any braids so I only use it on my scalp when wearing my real hair.You should be able to apply it to your scalp as well while wearing braids.

how often do u do it?

I do it everyday.

I wash once every week. I am tender headed so I only wash once a week.

It's been two weeks since I have been using it but so far I have seen major thickness and new growth coming in, especially my edges in the front. But on the other hand, it makes my hair dry. I think the mineral oil and the benzyl alcohol might be the culprit.

Last edited:

CLASSYEBONYGIRL

PittGirl06 said:
does it just stink to the person wearing it or do other people smell it too? also....who here is the stinkiest? that is, who wars the most leathal combo of stinky products?

I don't think it's that stink at all they just have this funny smell, nothing overpowering or out of control. I think the Glover's has the worst smell out of the two. It smells like sausage as someone else stated in their post.

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
I do my stinky challenge differently. I mix my sulfur8, glover's, frenchee's, castor oil, wild growth oil all together in a canister and microwave it for 1 minute and add it on my hair, not just the scalp and wash it out after an hour w/ ORS poo and mayo conditioner. As u can see, I don't follow directions of the original challenge..(Sorry Koffie... :D ) Be that as it may, my hair grew from 2" in 1/21/05 to 9.5" on 3/26/05....until my hair stylist clipped me :mad: now I'm back to 7".... Follow the directions that work best for u. If you're gonna do it my way, once u put the mix on your hair, make sure u brush your hair to ensure coverage from root to tip! You won't be sorry! ;)

PittGirl06

LOL like sausage? :lachen: My sense of smell ain't that great so I probably would not even smell it unless someon epointed it out to me. Hmmmm....may try this in combination with a carrot juice challenge when I get back home. would have to add something to keep it moisturized though....my hair tends to be very dry.

Koffie

Natrlchallenge said:
I do my stinky challenge differently. I mix my sulfur8, glover's, frenchee's, castor oil, wild growth oil all together in a canister and microwave it for 1 minute and add it on my hair, not just the scalp and wash it out after an hour w/ ORS poo and mayo conditioner. As u can see, I don't follow directions of the original challenge..(Sorry Koffie... :D ) Be that as it may, my hair grew from 2" in 1/21/05 to 9.5" on 3/26/05....until my hair stylist clipped me :mad: now I'm back to 7".... Follow the directions that work best for u. If you're gonna do it my way, once u put the mix on your hair, make sure u brush your hair to ensure coverage from root to tip! You won't be sorry! ;)

Girl, don't even worry about that, as long as you are reaping benefits I don't care how you use it, (hell, eat it if you want:lachen: ) Just kiddin' (don't eat it:look: ) But really I'm just glad you are seeing results no matter how you do it. :D

Keep up the good work. :up:

Last edited:

Shatani

Koffie said:
Girl, don't even worry about that, as long as you are reaping benefits I don't care how you use it, (hell, eat it if you want:lachen: ) Just kiddin' (don't eat it:look: ) But really I'm just glad you are seeing results no matter how you do it. :D

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

senimoni

Natrlchallenge said:

Wow so you achieved 3 inches per month?? Thats incredible.....did you do this daily? Also how often do you wash, do you c/w do you feel like your hair smells at all.

Sorry for the 50 questions.

carameldiva

well, i use shapley's m-t-g as my stinky product for the stinky challenge

I have been using it every other day at nite time on my scalp and hair , i then apply a thin plastic condtioner cap on my head and go to sleep.

I do daily conditioner washes and shampoo/deep condition weekly.

I have only been using this product about 3 weeks.

It does make my hair softer and moisturizes it very nicely. I will report on growth results in another 2-3 weeks.

It does stink but the smell only bothered me alot on the first nite after that it was no problem.

DDTexlaxed

carameldiva said:
well, i use shapley's m-t-g as my stinky product for the stinky challenge

I have been using it every other day at nite time on my scalp and hair , i then apply a thin plastic condtioner cap on my head and go to sleep.

I do daily conditioner washes and shampoo/deep condition weekly.

I have only been using this product about 3 weeks.

It does make my hair softer and moisturizes it very nicely. I will report on growth results in another 2-3 weeks.

It does stink but the smell only bothered me alot on the first nite after that it was no problem.

This MTG stuff is the bomb! I added this to my stinky challenge mix. I gained 1" in 2 weeks! It is potent alone, but I'm continuing w/ my stinky challenge mix. JOIN US! JOIN US.... :lol: U won't be sorry!

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
Shatani said:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koffie

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I thought that was funny too!!! :rofl:

angellazette

My stinky challenge consists of using Sulfur 8 and Glover's as a prepoo. Haven't done this lately, but I also mix Glover's in my Surge, along with wheat germ oil (which doesn't exactly smell like roses! :lol: ) and other things. I think I'm getting growth.

DDTexlaxed

angellazette said:
My stinky challenge consists of using Sulfur 8 and Glover's as a prepoo. Haven't done this lately, but I also mix Glover's in my Surge, along with wheat germ oil (which doesn't exactly smell like roses! :lol: ) and other things. I think I'm getting growth.

OOhh, gotta try the surge and glover's...... :lol: