Kemi-Moyst Shampoo

hairfanatic

Have any of you used products other than the Kemi-Oyl? I am curious because they claim to distribute "all natural" products and I would like to know if any of you have their shampoo and conditioner and if so, can you please tell me the ingredients.

Miss Montserrat

Ive used it and its very mild. Not alot of suds. Its one of the No-Soap Shampoos. I mostly use it on my sisters color treated hair or when I want to shampoo without clarifying. I believe it is made with fruits, herbs and seaweed.

LondonDiva

I have the no soap shampoo and I think it's /images/graemlins/censored.gif, It leaves a film on my hair and I had no other alternative than to wash it all out sand start again. I'm AFRAID to put this stuff on my hair again. There were no suds, which I expected, but it was totally awfu. Luckily I haven't let this cloud my judgement of other Kemi Products. 1 have 2 others by Kemi that are very good. But that no soap shampoo has to go.

auntybe

I ahd a hairstylist use it one me once. It was awful. It coated my hair and it looked horrible until my next shampoo.

NayNay

WOW,
I have NEVER used their shampoo but I like their moisturizing spray, and Pro Gro a lot. The Shea butter also works but I am not crazy about the consistency. Guess I won't try their shampoos at all!!!!! They really don't publish their ingredients-I guess to keep it from being copied but they reassure that the products don't contain mineral oil or petroluem.... Hope this helps!!!!

hairfanatic

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
I believe it is made with fruits, herbs and seaweed.

[/ QUOTE ]

Miss Montserrat,

Did they list their ingredients on the bottle because I know they don't with the oil?

hairfanatic

I have the no soap shampoo and I think it's , It leaves a film on my hair and I had no other alternative than to wash it all out sand start again. I'm AFRAID to put this stuff on my hair again. There were no suds, which I expected, but it was totally awfu. Luckily I haven't let this cloud my judgement of other Kemi Products. 1 have 2 others by Kemi that are very good. But that no soap shampoo has to go.

[/ QUOTE ]

LondonDiva Girl...now that's a reveiw for my behind! I definately don't want to have that type of experience. What are the other two products that you have?

hairfanatic

I ahd a hairstylist use it one me once. It was awful. It coated my hair and it looked horrible until my next shampoo.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks Auntybe, your review was the same as LondonDiva's...that's two strikes! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

hairfanatic

They really don't publish their ingredients-I guess to keep it from being copied but they reassure that the products don't contain mineral oil or petroluem.... Hope this helps!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks NayNay,

Three Strikes and THEY ARE OUT!! /images/graemlins/grin.gif Anyone that says they are natural but don't disclose their ingredients are not to be trusted in my book. People lie to the public all the time...the same way people lie about the content in food. Oh Well...another bites the dust! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

hairfanatic

i am not fond of the name kemi-moyst and kemi-oyl. for goodness' sake cant they spell??

[/ QUOTE ]

Girl...you crazy! /images/graemlins/grin.gif I did have a problem with their spelling because I was questioning if I was spelling it right and pulled out my dictionary. I kept asking myself...is this really the way you spell moist...daaaa. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

LondonDiva

hairfanatic said:
I have the no soap shampoo and I think it's , It leaves a film on my hair and I had no other alternative than to wash it all out sand start again. I'm AFRAID to put this stuff on my hair again. There were no suds, which I expected, but it was totally awfu. Luckily I haven't let this cloud my judgement of other Kemi Products. 1 have 2 others by Kemi that are very good. But that no soap shampoo has to go.

[/ QUOTE ]

LondonDiva Girl...now that's a reveiw for my behind! I definately don't want to have that type of experience. What are the other two products that you have?

[/ QUOTE ]

HF I have the conditioning spray 5 stars for this, and the shea butter, now this is thick real thick but it's nice. It's best to run in the hands and slick ot on my hair when I wear it slicked back.

The conditioning spray is my hair product saviour.

LondonDiva

hairfanatic said:
They really don't publish their ingredients-I guess to keep it from being copied but they reassure that the products don't contain mineral oil or petroluem.... Hope this helps!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks NayNay,

Three Strikes and THEY ARE OUT!! /images/graemlins/grin.gif Anyone that says they are natural but don't disclose their ingredients are not to be trusted in my book. People lie to the public all the time...the same way people lie about the content in food. Oh Well...another bites the dust! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Awww don't be too harsh HF /images/graemlins/laugh.gif One poster on here actually visited the father and son owners of Kemi products and were told that their reasons were for fear of thier recipies being copied or something along the lines of that.

hairfanatic

Awww don't be too harsh HF One poster on here actually visited the father and son owners of Kemi products and were told that their reasons were for fear of thier recipies being copied or something along the lines of that.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sure they have the formula patented to protect themselves...at least they should. Even if they disclosed the ingredients, a person doesn't know the exact amount of each ingredient that they used.

I don't think I am being harsh at all. There was a time LondonDiva where it wouldn't have even mattered to me, but now I am a much more informed consumer than I was before and the same way I don't eat foods that I can't pronounce or that don't list ingredients I won't buy. It's no different with shampoos. The Food and Drug Administration doesn't even make cosmetic companies list their ingredients unless something goes wrong. So to avoid cancer causing agents in my shampoos and conditioners I have to be a conscious consumer....and who should I think for that Aubrey Hampton and this forum. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Miss Montserrat

Actually, they do list the products but they are very vague. There are two different shampoos by Kemi that are no-soap and the Moist happens to be a little heavier so its possible that it leaves a film. I happen to use the formula for baby fine hair and I didnt have any horrible results. I can say that I wouldnt use it every week. Compared to some of the other products that Ive used that are "filmy" (i.e. Motions conditioners or Breakthru conditioner) it pales in comparison. I would venture to say that it compliments a good conditioner. Again, the Moist is heavier than the other no-soap shampoo by Kemi.

LondonDiva

HF I was being real biased. It's only cause I love the Spray and won't have anyone say a bad word about it /images/graemlins/laugh.gif You know what it's like when you get over protective of a product. I hear what you're saying though. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

hairfanatic

HF I was being real biased. It's only cause I love the Spray and won't have anyone say a bad word about it You know what it's like when you get over protective of a product. I hear what you're saying though.

[/ QUOTE ]

I hear you girl...I'm like that too about some of my natural products. /images/graemlins/grin.gif