KGB "Natural Hair extensions"

:wallbash:As if the commercial itself wasn't offensive. Several black women were sitting in a hair salon one of them was getting extensions and asks the beautician what type of hair was she putting in, and the beautician replied "i dont know it just says natural." so then the woman asks what are natural hair extensions and the lady sitting next to her types the question to KGB asking where do natural hair extensions come from. The people searching discover they come from yaks "which does kind of explain yaki hair" anyways, the woman that was getting the extensions says "uh uh, you aint gonna put no yak extensions in my weave!" or something to that affect...yup...i was highly offended. Sorry all just needed to vent a little!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_54smbVC3JQ

Last edited:

Hairsofab

:wallbash:As if the commercial itself wasn't offensive. Several black women were sitting in a hair salon one of them was getting extensions and asks the beautician what type of hair was she putting in, and the beautician replied "i dont know it just says natural." so then the woman asks what are natural hair extensions and the lady sitting next to her types the question to KGB asking where do natural hair extensions come from. The people searching discover they come from yaks "which does kind of explain yaki hair" anyways, the woman that was getting the extensions says "uh uh, you aint gonna put no yak extensions in my weave!" or something to that affect...yup...i was highly offended. Sorry all just needed to vent a little!

They have commercials for hair extensions? And also I've heard that the term yaki does come from yak hair being used in human hair extensions/wigs. I've read that they also use camel hair and other types of animal hair as filler.

ladylibra

I don't get it... :perplexed Is it supposed to be funny? Maybe I just have to see the commercial

i guess so...but i found it a bit offensive...not so much the hair extensions...but the way they had the lady speaking at the end...also i didnt know what they meant by natural...

Boujoichic

I saw this commercial the other day and I was offended. I was thinking wow they really did this this is out of hand.

Kay.Dee

it was stupidly funny I suppose
I could see why it would be offensive to some (not necessarily me)

Priss Pot

Makeup + Bench Pressing
Yeah, the woman's expression was extra at the end, BUT I can't get overly offended at the commercial.

I mean, Black women do wear weaves and often do portray that stereotype. We are the #1 consumers in the Black Hair Industry, spending billions of dollars a year.