Kimmaytube: The only youtuber I can stomach!

Status
Not open for further replies.

EllePixie

empressri

kimmay only gets love, im going to dive off the shallow end of my pool of hair products. i dont know how to cope anymore.

so long hair world!!!!! *splash thud thud thud*

adnolej

Personally, I like Kimmaytube. I didn't realize how unliked she is until that...unfortunate incident a couple of months back:look:

I recognize that she gives the research of others, and I can get with that because I don't have the time to do all of that reading by myself. However, I will say that with her presentations, it has inspired to do my own research and read cathy howse and chicoro when I get a spare few minutes.

In terms of her pushing her products, TONS of youtubers use their channel as a way to push their products, their initiatives, their agendas, etc. The funny thing about that is, that's what sparked "the incident" LOL!

KT is a hustler as are some others on youtube and perhaps on this forum:look: I respect everyone's hustle and appreciate the diversity of thoughts.

Charz

Sinister Minister
kimmay only gets love, im going to dive off the shallow end of my pool of hair products. i dont know how to cope anymore.

so long hair world!!!!! *splash thud thud thud*

*jumps along with you while swallowing sulfates and dousing self with parabans*

blackbarbie986

I like Kimmy's vids as well as many other ytbers and women from this site. Her information is helpful, and I dont mind if she's giving out info and trying to gain $ at the same time. Many ppl do even some here...

ladyviper

I would take the advice and information from the ladies from LHCF over Kimmay anyday. These are your real hairsisters who care without alterial motives or sale pitch. Who give unconditional hairlove advice without judgement or talk to you like you are 5 years old and you need to be lectured on your mistakes. You will not find a group more true and supportive than this bunch.
I'm sure Kimmay is informative but hell so are so many women on this site. Kimmay isn't preaching something new and she certainly didn't invent the wheel eventhough she might think she did.

bronzebomb

KimmayTube is entertaining. I don't think she is the Bee Knees (Elle Pixie) but I enjoy her channel. But I like a lot of channels on YouTube. I don't think Kim Love thinks or even portrays her channel to be original. She always tell you where she got her information from...she researches a little bit more than most of us...and tells us where she got the information. What's wrong with that?

I think Charzboss gives you a true opinion. It's what she believes. I also enjoy PhillyDiva, Splinta24 and a few others. If you don't agree with the Vlogger, just make quick respectable comment and move on.

If someone puts their time in vlogging respect that. Most of us are viewers and have no desire to vlogg about hair...but we will watch and get hair care tips.

bronzebomb

I just don't see why she can't be a hustla without talking down to people??

I just think that's her personality. :rolleyes: We are all made differently. I may be too much of a jokster for most. It's what make us all unique. If she doesn't float your boat, click "Next Video" as Americans, we have options.

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
I actually like when youtubers talk to the camera. I can't stand the way kimmay does those fake commercial voice overs for all her vids. I'd much rather see the person talking to the camera. I can't watch her videos for that reason.

Mandy4610

BTW
WHERE IS KIMMAY!!! I havent seen much from her since "The Incident".

I like her videos, I find them informative and I really dont care that she is selling something because I have a choice to buy or not to buy:ohwell: I take what I want and leave what I dont want.

She is definitely not the only one that I like though: Splinta24, AfricanExport, Glamazini, Charz (great reviews), to name a few.

OP, I think you will be able to ummm......stomach more videos from other youtubers once you watch them.

Happy Saturday!

Bulletproof

tHicK hAIr dOn't CarE
If someone likes Kimmay why do they have to be drinking Kool-Aid. Would it be Kool-Aid if the person said they like someone you (collective you) like? Her personality may rub some the wrong way, but the OP came in here discussing the quality of her videos, meaning quality of production and information.

Production wise - so she can't be liked because she has a good quality camera, takes time to edit and make her videos pleasing to the eye? I don't see anyone disliking a movie with good quality. Her production quality has been high since vid 1, before she was shilling, she didn't just step her game up right before her company, she always set a different standard for her work and it showed all the way back when she wasn't trying to build a brand. She is a creative in her real career so this makes perfect sense regarding her video visuals.

Information wise - she always has told where she got her info from and how she arrived at her conclusions while encouraging the viewers to seek it out themselves. Homegirls annotation game is serious for those who want to seek for themselves. So she can't regurgitate info but other youtubers can, or we on LHCF can? At least when she gives the information it is clear and concise, which I suspect is what many appreciate, as research can be time consuming and one can still get lost, as we see happen her 5011 threads a day,not her claims to be a guru or reinventing the wheel.

So let's just try to be logical thinkers here, what she presents is normally sought and praised, but in her instance is frowned upon as if quality is now bad. Seriously since when is a job well done wrong. If you don't like the woman because of her demeanor just say so. Because the arguments put forth about anything other than her standoffish attitude sound real weak.

empressri

If someone likes Kimmay why do they have to be drinking Kool-Aid. Would it be Kool-Aid if the person said they like someone you (collective you) like? Her personality may rub some the wrong way, but the OP came in here discussing the quality of her videos, meaning quality of production and information.

Production wise - so she can't be liked because she has a good quality camera, takes time to edit and make her videos pleasing to the eye? I don't see anyone disliking a movie with good quality. Her production quality has been high since vid 1, before she was shilling, she didn't just step her game up right before her company, she always set a different standard for her work and it showed all the way back when she wasn't trying to build a brand. She is a creative in her real career so this makes perfect sense regarding her video visuals.

Information wise - she always has told where she got her info from and how she arrived at her conclusions while encouraging the viewers to seek it out themselves. Homegirls annotation game is serious for those who want to seek for themselves. So she can't regurgitate info but other youtubers can, or we on LHCF can? At least when she gives the information it is clear and concise, which I suspect is what many appreciate, as research can be time consuming and one can still get lost, as we see happen her 5011 threads a day,not her claims to be a guru or reinventing the wheel.

So let's just try to be logical thinkers here, what she presents is normally sought and praised, but in her instance is frowned upon as if quality is now bad. Seriously since when is a job well done wrong. If you don't like the woman because of her demeanor just say so. Because the arguments put forth about anything other than her standoffish attitude sound real weak.

"The only youtuber I can stomach"....soooo other youtubers make you sick? You don't see how that sentence can make someone a bit...:ohwell: ???

But at the end of the day I don't have to insult anyone nor kill myself defending them.

EllePixie

I don't knock anyone for liking who they like...but I may have to call a bit of BS on the OP...the title of the thread (the only YTer she can stomach?!), to the long praise, when it's like none of us have heard of KT when she has 30,000+ subscribers and this is a hair board? She has a good amount of posts, so I'm sure she's been around to see the plethora of threads embedding videos from other Yters...sooo yea. Sorry, I smell Saturday rainy day boredom on this one - anyone who is half informed knows about the "debate" over KT.

SmilingElephant

I actually like when youtubers talk to the camera. I can't stand the way kimmay does those fake commercial voice overs for all her vids. I'd much rather see the person talking to the camera. I can't watch her videos for that reason.

Okay??? I like some of her vids but i can't watch em too much bc she reminds me of how i was learning how to tie my shoes as a lil kid.:lol:

"Now make UH looooOp....":grin:

Daaaaaaahhhhhhggggghhhh!!!!!:whyme:

Status
Not open for further replies.