Kinky Twists- what are good moisturizers?

Eisani

My 10 y/o dd is getting kinky twists on Friday and I plan on leaving them in for at least 6 weeks. What w/b a/some good moisturizer(s) to keep her scalp nourished and promote growth? She's a natural 3c/4a.

**Edited. I have another question; what s/b used while putting in the twists? I just talked to the stylist and she said she uses Let's Jam to put in the twists. I don't want gel used on my daughter's hair, it dries it out. What can I recommend to the stylist as an alternative?

Last edited:

czyfaith77

I would think braid spray (I like African Pride) and Infusium 23 Moisturising Leave In Conditioner. With both products I would not use alot on the scalp just occasionally. My reason for saying so is that an excess use of the product will produce product build up (the white stuff at the base of the braid). If you are washing it (hair) I would use Creme of Nature Moisturisng Shampoo or one that you favor. Basically, what I am telling you is the Crown and Glory method. I follow the same method for my sew-ins. I get maximun growth when in either braids or sew-ins.

kittenz

I am wearing kinky twist now and I just use olive oil and water in a spray bottle. My hair has been well moisturized these last 4 weeks and has no build-up at the base of the twist. I also clean my scalp with astringent(sp?) on a cotton ball occassionally going through the parts in between washes. HTH