Know of a moisturizer that's TOO moisturizing?? TELL ME PLEASE!

madamdot

Cosign on the S-curl.

It's my main moisturizer but it can make your hair too mushy if you overdo it.

hair4romheaven

ITA 2 -- I suggest jamaican black castor oil as the sealant if you can get it. I had the same problem - nape would stay desert dry - the only thing that has softened it up, well actually 2 - Taliah Wahid (sorry I know I am spelling it all kinds of wrong) bodyfying mist (I use this with no sealant), on other days I use a moisturizing spray I mixed up, and the castor oil. Nape is feeling da bomb!

Co - sign :yep:

hillytmj

Qhemet Biologics Alma and Olive Heavy Cream is a heavy one; great for hair that drinks up every other thing.

ITA...I only use this for braidouts or to correct a bad rollerset (meaning it didn't dry all the way and is poofy). It's too heavy for me otherwise.

LiqueXX

I like Qhemet's Alma and Olive Oil Heavy Cream mixed with the Burdock Butter Root Cream.

I also like Hawaiian Silky 14-1 spray.

moriahar

HAWAIIAN SILKY 14 in 1!! I've been using it for a week. Its the first product I've used since I started my hair journey that i absolutely LOVE. I found my first staple. Keeps my hair soft and moisturized for 2 day without sealing. I will be one year post relaxer this week.

*SkolarStar*

Hydratherma Naturals Daily Moisturizing Growth Lotion

I only use it all over my hair when I know it's going to be under my wig; otherwise, I just use it on my ends b/c it's too much moisture for my hair.

I have a few questions:

1. How much water do you drink?

2. How often do you deep condition?

3. What do you use to deep condition?

4. What is your regimen?

5. What products do you use?

I'm asking because the answers to these questions may be part of the reasons that you're experiencing constant dryness.

Thanks everyone for the suggestions! Im gonna end up a pj trying to fix this issue. :perplexed
For you darlingdiva: i drink 32oz of water per day, i deep condition every week with Shea Moisture Organic Raw Shea Butter Deep Treatment Masque (i used to with elasta qp dpr-11 but it was doing it). I shampoo and deep condition my hair every week. Afterwards I use giovanni direct leave-in and he-ltr sealed with olive and castor oil mix. Ponytail and im done. After my routine my hair is SOFT as all getout. Then a couple of hours later my nape becomes sahara. The rest of my hair is thriving. it's soft and stays moisturized. My nape is a whole other story. My scalp is bi-polar. :nono: I've tried the s-curl on a humid day and it worked but i can't use it currently because the air is still too dry.