Please suggest a good moisturizing shampoo

BoaterGirlKim

I'm seconding/thirding Elasta QP Creme Conditioning Shampoo. Love it's thick consistency, the milky feel it has in my hair, and the silky, moisturized smoothness it leaves my hair with afterwards. I feel like I don't even need conditioner afterwards - in fact, I may start skipping condish and going straight to leave-in.

Kindheart

your scalp seems to be quite sensitive,i would avoid products with a high ph level .
Try Keracare Moisturizing Shampoo ,Creme of Nature has a very moisturizing one .

FoxxyLocs

Yep been to 3 derms... It's hilarious how unhelpful and uninformed they really are. I have a scalp condition BUT the usual symptoms are the opposite of dryness. Chagrin Valley usually clears my scalp but when I try switching to a moisturizing shampoo it dries out my scalp. Upon trying the derms suggestions my scalp actually became worse. So natural products work best for me but I just can't find the right shampoo

If you've already found something that works, why don't you just stick with that?

Sent from my HTC Evo

silenttullip

Hard to explain but with my scalp chagrin valley works its another story for my hair... And so many natural hair bloggers talk about limiting use of bars because of the high ph level. It clears my scalp (oily & flaky because of the condition) but does not moisturize my hair (dry and easily tangled). I can use a conditioner afterward but even if I rinse it off I still get build up on my scalp then I have to shampoo all over again. So a moisturizing shampoo is a necessity ya know?

If you've already found something that works, why don't you just stick with that?

Sent from my HTC Evo

Last edited:

**SaSSy**

3rd Big Chop on 7/18/2016
Shampoo bars are less drying on the hair, so I prefer Chargin Valley bars. When clarifying, I use Aveda Detoxify shampoo, or ACV rinse.

Barbara

Princess
Cream of Nature (ultra moisturizing/detangling formula) old version
Elasta QP Creme Conditioning Shampoo (old version)

These are excellent, too, considering the prices are low.

dladie42

I use chagrin valley. I have a sensitive skin and scalp due to health issues. So chagrin valley and my mix of kaolin Clay are the only ones I can use for cleaning my skin and scalp. The commercial shampoos have synthetic ingredients even their preservative.

allmundjoi

Hands down, Shea Moisture Moisturizing shampoo. I went back to my Giovanni Smooth As Silk and noticed that it didn't leave my hair as soft and silky-ish.

naturalagain2

Aveda Dry Remedy
Darcy's Botanicals Organic Coconut Lavender Milk Hair & Body Cleansing Bar
Both very moisturizing shampoos

Shea Moisture Coconut and Hibiscus Shampoo. Great stuff, smells like heaven and it can be bought anytime at Target or Walgreens. $9 a pop and a little goes a very long way.

Anaya-Amani

Would WEN be moisturizing for keeping roots moisturized during my transition from relaxed to natural?

"...Forgetting what is behind and looking forward to what is ahead,..."
Philippians 3:13

silenttullip

I'm still trying to find elasta qp shampoo on the ground
Right now I'm trying Everyday Shea Moisturizing Shampoo Vanilla Mint
It leaves my hair VERY moisturized and doesn't bother my scalp so far
32oz for 9 bucks THATS what's up but no verdict yet

Hard to explain but with my scalp chagrin valley works its another story for my hair... And so many natural hair bloggers talk about limiting use of bars because of the high ph level. It clears my scalp (oily & flaky because of the condition) but does not moisturize my hair (dry and easily tangled). I can use a conditioner afterward but even if I rinse it off I still get build up on my scalp then I have to shampoo all over again. So a moisturizing shampoo is a necessity ya know?

Their Ayurvedic shampoo bar is love. I use it all the time and leaves my hair so soft and smooth. Also, I use an Argan oil bar, but I got that here in Germany. Occasionally I may use this (which cleanses great but doesn't dry hair out)...other than that, I don't shampoo with anything else.

MissTripleChoc

Elasta QP Creme Conditioning shampoo, makes my hair feel soft to the touch, even after i've rinsed it off. It contains no sulphates and no cones.

GlamaDiva

Hey OP,

I just went through this thread and what was always told to me is that the shampoo is used to cleanse the scalp...conditioner is to cleanse and soften the actual hair strand. It sounds like you've found a good shampoo with the CV shampoo bar. Maybe too much conditioner is being used/ not the right conditioner for your hair...and is building up on your scalp?

I use the Kinky Curly Come Clean Shampoo ...have you tried that? Also, have you tried pre-poo treatment like hot oil treatment?

HTH and good luck!