Knoxville, TN stylist recommendations needed

80s_baby

Hello,
I'm getting married soon and will have to relocated to Knoxville, TN, where my fiance' lives. Does anyone know of a great stylist in the area who actually cares about hair health, but could do a mean cut if needed? He/she needs to practice low heat, good conditioning and not be scissor happy.
Thanks in advance!

InnerSoul

Hello,
I'm getting married soon and will have to relocated to Knoxville, TN, where my fiance' lives. Does anyone know of a great stylist in the area who actually cares about hair health, but could do a mean cut if needed? He/she needs to practice low heat, good conditioning and not be scissor happy.
Thanks in advance!

I have numbers to a couple of stylists, but I no longer go to stylist and I am now a do it yourself-er. I would encourage you to use them for styles only and then maintain it yourself or atleast tell them what you want them to do. I would say the most stylist I have come in contact with are 'scissor happy':drunk: I myself am a do it yourself-er scissor happy-ist :nono:
I will try to get back with you on the phone numbers. I have to re look for them and then I will pm you the info.

welcome to k-town!

Lady Esquire

I lived there for about 6 months. I went to Ashley at Simply Gorgeous on Martin Luther King Jr. Ave. The shop is hers and she is the only person there. She was friendly, personable, gentle, and knowledgeable.

I found her by going up to someone at WalMart - a woman who was with her little daughter, and her mom, and all three had the blingest hair. She recommended two places. After calling both places, I only went to Ashley. Since I was on my Do-It-Yourself kick back then, I had only went to her for 2 touch-ups and an occasional wash. A week after a relaxer, she urged me return for an Aphogee treatment. And when she trimmed, she did not cut...she actually trimmed.

Before going to her, I called her and spoke to her on the phone for a while. Then I visited her for a consultation (I acted like I was in the neighborhood, but I went to check her out). Her shop is small, clean, and cute. It was a drive for me 'cause I lived all the way out in Farragut, but it was worth it. Plus she was not too far from the big ethnic BSS on that side of town. If I still lived there, I would still go to her. I have lived in many cities, and she is one of the very few stylists that I had no problems with.

865-525-8228....pm me if you do go to her, and let me know how it went. :crossfingers: