Lace-front wigs are bad for LHCFers!!! (VENT!)

pistachio

Why? Because it's already bad enough that when us ladies with long hair are always questioned about having a phony pony in our hair, but now that they have lace-fronts which are VERY realistic looking, now I'm angry because people will then assume it's a lace-front or something. People used to be able to look for parts in your hair to clear you of any weave accusations, but now it's not enough to have visible parts and hairines in your hair! AGGGHH!!

Aveena

Shoot! That's why I want one! :lol: I just don't thin I'll be disciplined enough to care for my hair underneath.

MizAvalon

What I have always wondered about LF's is about the adhesive? Does glue actually touch your edges? How does it not start breaking off/falling out over time? I would love to get a LF, but that's the only thing that is holding me back.

PaperClip

pistachio said:
Why? Because it's already bad enough that when us ladies with long hair are always questioned about having a phony pony in our hair, but now that they have lace-fronts which are VERY realistic looking, now I'm angry because people will then assume it's a lace-front or something. People used to be able to look for parts in your hair to clear you of any weave accusations, but now it's not enough to have visible parts and hairines in your hair! AGGGHH!!

This sounds like a GOOD problem to have.

nomoweavesfome

pistachio said:

giirrrl- don't worry bout that. If somebody that conniving to try to pass a lacefront as the real thing on this board, then they are playing themselves. Now don't get me wrong, I love the look of having the look, look as real as possible, but I only invest in wearing them as a protective style. Trust me I would much rather grow my real hair as long as a lacefront than to wear a lacefron forever.

But if I was a suffering cancer patient losing my hair, I would definitely would like to have that option availabe to me.

angellazette

MizAvalon said:
What I have always wondered about LF's is about the adhesive? Does glue actually touch your edges? How does it not start breaking off/falling out over time? I would love to get a LF, but that's the only thing that is holding me back.

You should add enough to your lacefront measurements to allow the unit to sit comfortably in front of your hairline (but not too much where its right at your eyebrows!!). The adhesive goes on your skin but I did have instances where a little got in my hairline. However I didn't use a bond that had a hard hold so the citrus remover and a few wipes with tissue cleaned it right up with no hairloss. Lacefronts actually helped me grow my edges back when I lost them from micros.

ETA I have photos of my lacefronts in my album.

Last edited:

Crissi

prissygirl114 said:
The more I see LF's now the more they DON'T look real to me

:lachen: You know!, even before they becmae popular on LHCF, they look convincing, but you can tell its a wig, they way its tacked to the head, i can't explain it, it just LOOKS glued on. However my eyes can spot any type of false her...

Last edited:

MizAvalon

angellazette said:
You should add enough to your lacefront measurements to allow the unit to sit comfortably in front of your hairline (but not too much where its right at your eyebrows!!). The adhesive goes on your skin but I did have instances where a little got in my hairline. However I didn't use a bond that had a hard hold so the citrus remover and a few wipes with tissue cleaned it right up with no hairloss. Lacefronts actually helped me grow my edges back when I lost them from micros.

ETA I have photos of my lacefronts in my album.

Thanks so much for your response! No one ever seems to have an answer to that question. Off to check out your album!:)

Bouncy Curls

I agree that I can always tell that they are lace fronts. The parts look real and all but the way they sit on the head gives them away. But they are nice.