ladies, share your hair achievements and how you feel about your accomplishments.

IMFOCSD

Doesn't matter if you are natural, texlaxed or relaxed...short, medium or long...if it is an a accomplishment please share how you feel.

My starting length was above neck length.

When i wear my hair down and look in the mirror i feel overwhelmed, my hair has never been this length as an adult and it feels good. The little things gets me goin lol..like havin to pull my hair out of my jackets or shirts and feeling it lay on my shoulders..things like that. I don't wear my hair often but when i do, I'm in love lol.

I once felt like my hair could not or would not grow...i had issues with breakage, bald spots and just damage period. I couldn't take it anymore, i did some research and i found LHCF. I have learned so much from this site and i have finally found something that works for my hair.

What about you ladies...

Fyne

Co Signing!

My hair doesnt feel like my own. I've been SL before but it was very unhealthy and dry but just past NL now and I'm very proud of the quality I have.

AlliCat

Being able to style my own hair is an accomplishment for me. I can work wonders with a flat iron and some CHI silk infusion. I especially feel good about learning how to do spiral curls with a flat iron, which saved money as I didn't have to buy separate tools.

I also feel accomplished (with the great help of reviews from LHCFers) that I have found my staple products

IMFOCSD

Co Signing!

My hair doesnt feel like my own. I've been SL before but it was very unhealthy and dry but just past NL now and I'm very proud of the quality I have.

Hi!

Thanks for responding, yeah it is def a good feeling and i love hearing/reading about other women's hair accomplishments and every now & then i like to talk to people about how good it feels to reach a (hair) goal. I can't talk about to people i know personally cause they'll just look at me crazy lol.

LushLox

I've become totally self sufficient in managing and maintaining my hair, I no longer need to depend on stylists for anything, which is a big achievement for me.

I've broadened my horizons in trying out new styles too which is good.

IMFOCSD

Being able to style my own hair is an accomplishment for me. I can work wonders with a flat iron and some CHI silk infusion. I especially feel good about learning how to do spiral curls with a flat iron, which saved money as I didn't have to buy separate tools.

I also feel accomplished (with the great help of reviews from LHCFers) that I have found my staple products

O wow, please teach me, i want to learn to curl my hair with my flat iron so bad lol.

Last edited:

IMFOCSD

I've become totally self sufficient in managing and maintaining my hair, I no longer need to depend on stylists for anything, which is a big achievement for me.

I've broadened my horizons in trying out new styles too which is good.

I agree with everything you have posted..and ur hair is lovely by the way.

Samoneisthebest

I have gone from knowing absolutely nothing about hair to knowing more than enough. I have learned to love my natural hair and how to style it (needs work). I no longer NEED to go to a stylist for anything.

ScorpioBeauty09

I've learned more about how to take care of my scalp and what my hair needs to retain length than ever. I've also gotten to the point where I can wash/blow dry my hair myself and do a decent job.:grin: My next step is getting to where I can flat iron my hair myself.

Curlykale

not depending on stylists
not depending on products
not depending on the weather
not depending on casualty
being able to help other people if they ask

Last edited:

KurlyNinja

I never in my life thought I would be natural. I use to think I would have to go bald to be natural. I use to think that in order to have long natural hair you either had to 1) never have a perm or 2) get locs. LHCF has changed my mindset on so many things, but it made me love a part of me that I've neglected for so long (my hair). And I think thats the biggest hair achievement of all. :drunk:

TraciChanel

For me - it's a lot of things. It's taking the "risk" to go natural - I say "risk" because I had no idea what I was getting into when I decided not to relax my hair anymore. I found LHCF maybe a year or two after I BC'ed and it really helped me to learn how to take care of my hair and eliminate breakage, and even better: to retain length. So, I feel accomplished in that I know how to properly take care of my hair. I also feel accomplished that my hair is the thickest and healthiest it has EVER been (didn't know that was possible for me). For once, I can actually say that I love my hair :) Oh...and one more thing...I am so happy that I'm saving money by not going to the salon every 6 weeks (keeping the same length for years :nono: ).

NikStarrr

I'm MBL and this is the longest it's been. I still have moments of amazement when find a new style that my hair can do or do and look good because of the length. Here recently, I learned that I can style my hair in a "donut" bun, just by putting it a ponytail twisting while wrapping it around itself into a donut shape, and it makes it all the way around and then some and it's big!--no sock, scrunchie or fillers needed. I'm very proud. :grin: