Ladies that still love Phyto relaxer.. how do you combat dryness?

blessed7777

I know there are still some ladies that swear by Phyto relaxer. Out of all of the relaxers I have ever used Phyto 2 was the best. However, the dryness was a big con as well as it leaving me bone straight. I tried Phyto 1 but that was too weak for my hair. So I gave up and decided to transition ( maybe lol)

So, for the ladies that still love this relaxer how do u keep your hair healthy and moist unlike others?

KinkyGenius

I have never used the relaxer but considered it and thus have done A LOT of research on it. I know quite a few ladies have incorporated ceramides into their regimen to infuse their hair with moisture.

Honi

There is no board.
:scratchch I've never experienced dryness. I mean when I used to use boxed no-lye relaxers I would end up with a chalky residue that would make my hair feel dry with some brands but not with Phyto.

The only thing I can think of is that I use AO GBP instead of the milky reconstructor. When I used the entire kit for the first time my hair did feel dry and was tangly.

Other than that everything else in my regimen is the same. Nothing extra to keep it moist other than the usual condition washes, moisturizing/protein balancing conditioners, coconut oil use, rollersetting etc.

I'm interested in hearing what the other ladies have to add.

taz007

I use Phyto II and CeraRepair Hydratherapie changed my hair around!

I use it every 2-4 weeks. For my last touch up I used one of those vials in the relaxer and wow :love: what a difference!

Ceramides is definitely the answer.

PDub

I relax with Phytospecific II.

Ceramides, ceramides, ceramides!!! I use Nexxus and Redken products for my ceramide fix. L'oreal's Nature Therapy Mega Strength line also contains ceramides.