Phyto Users: Dryness, Regimen,...Please comment

delp

I have used PhytoI twice. The first time: my hair was dry and full. The second time(with ceramides and Elucence acidifying shampoo): dry, full, and shine. It had the shine but dryness at the touch. After reading peoples experience I really want to know everyones' regimen. Phyto dryness is worse than any other no-lye dryness but I love the way my tex came out. It looked almost like sareca's texlax (but alot less volume). My questions: What in HELL must I do now?

--> Is it a matter of hair type? Does Phyto work better on type A or Type C (full oprah/thick hair) but not type B fine hair?

--> Should I do the oil rinses at the time I relax?

--> Should I add oil to the relaxer? I think I read on LHCF years ago that we must add oil to no lye relaxers to overcome the dryness issue. I think it was EFA.

---> Or is Phyto just a bad relaxer and no amount of extra precautions can help?

I really hope all Phyto users chime in. Please and Thankyou.

Last edited:

Nina_deF

I think it might be in the rinse.
This relaxer is haaard to rinse out, when I self-relax it takes at least 20 minutes of neutralizing and rinsing otherwise it is huge amounts of residue build up.
I know that some don't use the reconstructing milk because it causes their hair to get hard and tangle but I don't have a problem with it.
I have fiiiiine, medium thin hair and I LOVE Phyto.
I just to use index 2 but it made my hair too straight, bone straight, but never dry at all.

I'm now enjoying being texlaxed with index 1, although my stylist left it on a tad too long so it is not as curly as Sarecas:perplexed.

I've never added oil to Phyto, although I did to my old Motions relaxer and it didn't help there.
I do oil rinses once in a blue moon, my thin strands can't take too much but I never do protein conditioners anymore, the coconut oil rinses seem to be enough.

Honi

There is no board.
I've never experienced dry hair with Phyto but i agree that it takes awhile to rinse out. A board member suggested mixing the shampoo with vinegar and it worked well for me.

After neutralizing I follow that up with a moisturizing shampoo like Keracare. I've done this even before switching to Phyto. The instructions in the Phyto kit say to use the reconstructor afterwards.

I don't ever use the reconstructor in the kit (I had tangly hair). I reach for AO GPB and use a moist. condish afterwards.