Ladies . . . today I Big Chopped!!!

Silkycoils

Yep, that's right. The picture you see in my avi is "no mas". I'd been on week 16 of a stretch and contemplating transitioning and I washed my hair and there were just too many tangles. I was like, "What am I hanging on to this for?" Anywho, I just took the scissors and snip, snip, snip (snip . . . ). I feel pretty even though I still have some minor straight ends (which is why there is no accompanying pic as of yet, lol). I will update soon. This is like my fourth time being natural (I change my hair every three years . . . literally). :)

SignatureBeauty

Awwwwww! Congragulations!!! I can't wait to see the Pics!!!!! I bet you look good. I am so excited for you, Don't you feel so free? Like if you can do that then you can do anything LOL!!!!

Silkycoils

NappyParadise said:
Awwwwww! Congragulations!!! I can't wait to see the Pics!!!!! I bet you look good. I am so excited for you, Don't you feel so free? Like if you can do that then you can do anything LOL!!!!

Thank you. Yes, I feel very free. I was going to transition b/c I wanted to hang on to my length, but that was more work than I was willing to put up with. Plus, I missed seeing what I looked like with a TWA. I feel good. I just have to go to a barber to get those straight ends clipped off, lol.

V

vivadiva85

Silkynaps said:
Thank you. Yes, I feel very free. I was going to transition b/c I wanted to hang on to my length, but that was more work than I was willing to put up with. Plus, I missed seeing what I looked like with a TWA. I feel good. I just have to go to a barber to get those straight ends clipped off, lol.

Congrats! I'm amazed that you could do it! That's alot of length to give up!

SignatureBeauty

I always have to get my Husband to clip those straight ends, The Twa's grow out fast, I am now at the Point where a wash n go don't look as good as it did before LOL!!!

guesswho

Wow congrats I cut all my hair off 2 and a half yrs ago and it was such a strange floaty feeling I looked different I kept staring at myself lol, but I'm happy for you its pretty cool and this isn't the first time for you so you gonna have fun good luck and happy growing.

ToyToy

Congratulations :)!!!!!
@ changing your hair every three years - you're like my sister! She loves to change her hair often as well!!!

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
Congratulations SilkyNaps! I tried to transition for a long time too but couldn't stand those relaxed ends and felt it wasn't worth it, and I just chopped it off! :grin:

Happy hair growing and have fun with your natural hair!

Lynnerie

Silkynaps,

Congratulations and I can't wait to see your pics. I went to your fotki and you definitely love changing your hair which I think is great! You're an inspiration for those who are relaxed, natural, and transitioning cause you've done it all and had great lengths.

Silkycoils

Thanks Ladies for the well wishes!!!! I'm going to the barber shop today and will post pics later (If my raggedy cell phone shows them clearly). My younger son pretended to pass out when he first saw me (LOL), but then said I look beautiful either way. :) My older son said I look good either way and then he was touching my "coils", lol.