Length and New Growth Check - Feels like christmas morning :)

Carmelella

Just took down my weave today and decided to let my hair breathe for a few days. For the past year as soon as my weave got taken down that morning it was back to the salon for a new one. so this is the first time i've actually seen all my new growth...its always been on my head but i feel like someone just gave me a present :lol:

I have soooo much new growth . Just washing, conditioning, and detangling my hair took more than half the day :nono: Fortunately I had little breakage. I'm happy with the length because over the past year i've let my stylist snip snip at leisure. She cut several inches already.

What is a good leave in moisturizer for transitioning/stretching (So confused about what I want to do:ohwell:). I was reading something that Slyver 2 used but I lost the thread :ohwell:

I have no idea what to do with this hair but to braid it up :yawn:

Here are my pics: 5 months post relaxer except the edges in the front cuz i needed it to mix in with the weave

Attachments

• IMG-20110415-00014[1].jpg
    IMG-20110415-00014[1].jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 195
  • IMG-20110415-00017[1].jpg
    IMG-20110415-00017[1].jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 180
Last edited:

shunemite

OMG congrats!!! There's nothing like seeing all your growth for the first time in a long time, which is why I love braids myself. Enjoy your new growth, what are your plans now?

tHENATuRALhAiRpRoJEcT

hmmmmm i still use the kckt & now have the giovanni direct (old ingredient formula :-0

i love the kckt but i swear i have them from 4 different vendors and they work differently... i think someone's faking the funk (fake products) or company's getting sloppy

natuuuuul 4aiiish heyaah

yummy new growth

Nova

Wow! That's a lot of growth! I wish you continued success. Keep us encouraged with your progress.

Carmelella

My plans for now are to set it and forget it:lol: I'm in a time crunch with school and work this week (and I must get my hair under control before I go back to work on Wednesday :whyme:) so I might do a temporary style... cornrows in the front,... something in the back with added hair.

After that....
- loose micros in the front,.. weave in the back for 1.5 - 4 months (different sets of course)

- Then weave till the end of the year with front out, but not relaxed

- Starting the miconazole nitrate challenge... I'll use and applicator bottle with half product/ half water to get between the tracks (btw... its the nitrate part that grows your hair, not so much the antifungal)... I hope it works.

temfash

My plans for now are to set it and forget it:lol: I'm in a time crunch with school and work this week (and I must get my hair under control before I go back to work on Wednesday :whyme:) so I might do a temporary style... cornrows in the front,... something in the back with added hair.

After that....
- loose micros in the front,.. weave in the back for 1.5 - 4 months (different sets of course)

- Then weave till the end of the year with front out, but not relaxed

- Starting the miconazole nitrate challenge... I'll use and applicator bottle with half product/ half water to get between the tracks (btw... its the nitrate part that grows your hair, not so much the antifungal)... I hope it works.

Seems like you have a good strategy going there missy......:yep: