Ladies who have BSL hair and longer? APL too

sexyeyes3616

The ladies who have bsl or longer hair and probably some ladies with APL hair now that your hair has gotten longer, do you find yourself putting it in a ponytail or wearing a bun moreso than wearing it down? I have noticed now that my hair is really close to APL I most of the time am wearing a ponytail or putting a ponytail holder on it and putting it in a bun. How about you?

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.
Yep, I pretty much stay in a wet bun. I got goals, man! :lol:

Finewine

I've finally switched from the monotonous bun to flexirod curls. It gives me style and protection.

I hope that when I reach my goal I won't still feel the need to protective style so much. What's the point of long hair if you don't show it off. lol

*Muffin*

For me, it depends. I go through stages where I just want my hair out of the way and stages where I want my hair to be out and free, lol. But I've noticed that as my hair gets longer and healthier I want to wear it down more and more. When it was short I didn't really want to wear it down because it didn't look or feel the way I wanted it to. But now that I've found out what products work for me and that it's gaining length it's hard to keep my hair in protective styles. But I'm still going to do it :grin:.

chebaby

nope! my hair is always out. i wore a high bun this past monday and tuesday and couldnt take it. i dont do protective styles unless its a wet bun and since its getting cold that aint happening. im almost bsl and i love my hair down but when it gets longer i will have to wear it up for work.
im supposed to wear it up for work now but i dont do ponytails so guess what......

chavascandy

Yep.....the longer my hair got....the more I started treating my hair lie rear silk...putting it in ponytails and cornrows for wigs.

Shoot, I be really scared to wear my hair down.....I sometimes begin to think I'll break it off.

FelaShrine

I definitely wear my hair in a bun 90%. It's gotten to a point where it feels weird to actually have my hair down.

DaDragonPrincess

LMAOOOOOOOOOOOO :lachen: ,yall know what I just started putting my hair in ponytails and buns all this week except monday when I came back from the beach for my birthday weekend, I did some clip in extensions for two days, and been rocking buns and ponytails all week,lol.

I don't know what to do next,lol. Help me out yall,lol :grin:

nikki2229

Yes, I find that the longer my hair is growing the more that I am keeping it up. At first I didn't think that I would like wearing buns or ponies but it's almost like second nature now. Even yesterday when I wore my hair down my friend said shouldn't your hair be up in a bun, put it up now. Lol

DaDragonPrincess

Dont get me wrong, people know me as wearing my hair down all the time, but this week I said I need a break :lachen: buns and ponytails it is,lol.

Tuesday for some reason after I took my clip in extensions out, I got GREEDY HANDED with my moisture lotion,shaebutter and oils :ohwell: .

Tarae

My hair is always out. I'm mainly wearing it up now because I have a goal (and I've been lazy).

sexyeyes3616

I don't wear my hair up necessarily for protective styling. I just find myself wanting to put it up more than wear it down. I dunno can't really explain it. Its funny though because when my hair was shorter I looked forward to wearing my hair down a lot.

Sunshyn3

I still keep my hair in a bun, I don't really wear ponytails. I would love to wear it down but I get too paranoid...lol

mahogany_horizons

I find that, today, since my hair has been blowdried and curled after my relaxer, and is not up like it is 90% of the time in a bun, or ponytail, that I have clipped it up most of the time, as it feels strange hanging on my neck, gets caught in purse straps, and in the back of my chair, seatbelt (and I'm only barely touching bsl, I can't even claim it yet). I like having it out to show it off, but only when I don't have to worry about it getting snagged on something. So even though my hair is straight, long and clean, it is up in a hairclip (that and I don't want to get hair oil on another cashmere sweater).

M.

Sistaslick

I went from being a strict bunner, to a rollersetter wearing my hair down almost 100% of the time. My buns helped me grow out initially, but after a couple of years of wet bunning especially, I noticed my hair was getting this slow, chronic breakage just under the crown where I was sliding my bobby pins. My edges took a hit as well. Everything else was growing strong, but these two areas were killing me. I'd tried to loosen the buns and come up with other ways to secure the hair, but in the end I was just not pleased with how my ends were looking. I realized that my hair just did not like being pulled back constantly, period. :ohwell: It took me forever and a day to realize that. :lol:

So, I ended up doing a major cut at the beginning of the year, and jumped on the rollersetting bandwagon for good. I also got more diligent about just deep conditioning in general. I haven't bunned since. It took me awhile to really get serious with the rollersetting- and to cut my set times down- but I've got it! My lower crown has filled back out, and my edges have filled in better. My hair is so much thicker from root to tip now than it ever was when I was bunning. I really think rollersetting was the missing link in my regimen. :yep:

baglady215

I'm in a bun constantly. I might wear my hair out once a month, maybe less than that. I do it for simplicity, although I would like to start wearing my hair out more.

cottoncoily

When I had long hair I used to wear ponytails and buns all the time. I occasionally did a roller-set or braid-outs but by the afternoon my hair was in a bun/ponytail. I always kept a ponytail holder on my wrist for this very reason. This is also a reason why I cut it. I never enjoyed the length because I hated my hair straight so I cut it short. I don't regret my BC but the only thing I miss is my ponytails.

TLC1020

Although I wear my hair down sometimes, I still wear my hair in a bun 90% of the time for the most part :yep::yep:

soonergirl

Yep I bun too much... I feel guilty when I wear my hair down a lot...This protective style thing is addictive.. I feel guilty using heat and wearing it down...

audacity.

I've finally switched from the monotonous bun to flexirod curls. It gives me style and protection.

I hope that when I reach my goal I won't still feel the need to protective style so much. What's the point of long hair if you don't show it off. lol

i am ITCHING to try flexi rods!