Ladies who have gone from Relaxer to Texturizer- GET IN HERE!

beans4reezy

I need your help ladies. I am stretching to seven months. Originally, I wanted to transition, but after 16 yrs of wearing relaxers, this may be too big a transition for me.:ohwell: So now, I think I'll go from relaxer to texturizer to eventually natural.

Ladies who have made the change from relaxer to texturizer:

A) Do you feel this was a beneficial move for your hair? Why or Why Not?

B) Can you recommend a good texturizer for a sister who hasn't had a relaxer in 6 months??

C) Any other tips for making this move?

I'll be checking for replies out there...so ladies, please help me out!
:feedback:

Tigerlily25

See my answers below...:look:.

I need your help ladies. I am stretching to seven months. Originally, I wanted to transition, but after 16 yrs of wearing relaxers, this may be too big a transition for me.:ohwell: So now, I think I'll go from relaxer to texturizer to eventually natural.

Ladies who have made the change from relaxer to texturizer:

A) Do you feel this was a beneficial move for your hair? Why or Why Not?
Beneficial! No chemicals is always a good thing for me. After relaxing for years, my fine hair started to break and thin out. When I had see thru hair, that was it for me.

B) Can you recommend a good texturizer for a sister who hasn't had a relaxer in 6 months??
I used the Natural Wonders Naturalaxer for years after my BC and it's worked well for me. I later switched to Just Beautiful Forever Soft. With both, my personal choice was to use infrequently, like every 5 to 6 months but they can be used more often. I just wanted to maintain as close to natural as possible while maintaing softness and manageability.

C) Any other tips for making this move?
I can only speak for myself but the whole transitioning thing didn't work for me due to all of the extra time and effort it requires to deal with different textures and different needs, aaaghhh...drove me crazy. BC was the only solution for me, and I am so glad that I did it.

I'll be checking for replies out there...so ladies, please help me out!
:feedback:

Last edited:

Chameleonchick

Try pming Aggie she just recently did this and it is working for her very well. She should be able to help out some.

tbaby_8

I am in the process or trying to transition. I used the just for me texturizer. It was a little drying to my hair and I started seeing some breakage. I just increased my DCing and used more moisture and started sealing more and my hair is improving. I guess my biggest challenge for me is trying to keep my roots straight after a couple of days. I have thin hair and it gets very frizzy at the roots. I am trying to figure that part out.