Ladies who rollerset then flatiron

Missi

Do you rollerset then flatiron?

I notice when i rollerset my hair and I do a silk wrap: after I remove the saran wrap: my hair feels kind of damp: its like all the heat trapped inside just turned into moisture: well when i remove the saran wrap: my hair dries poofy. I notice I still get that relaxed look after I flat iron my hair from a rollerset: do any of you ladies do this: if not is this too damaging to the hair?

Last edited:
First of all how long are you sitting under the dryer with the saran wrap. Your hair may sweat if you stay under the dryer too long. Now to answer your question, I flat iron just the roots and my hair is very silky. I only do it 4 months post relaxer and beyond and I have not had any problems with my hair. As a matter of fact, that is the only way that I can stretch my relaxers.

the_UnPrettiest_pretty

Beauty IS skin deep.
OMG girl, I want to know the exact same thing!! I just made my sad attempt at rollersetting and the curls came out okay, it's just that my roots were horrible and I had too much volume. So, I did the saran wrap thingie and I am having the same problem you have. But, instead of flat ironing my roots, I just decided to go ahead and call it a day. I have been fighting with my hair all day long and I'm tired of it now. I'll try again next week. Maybe someone will help us out.:nono:

Minnie

You may be sitting under the dryer to long. I don't have a relaxer and when I where braid consistly for a long time 6mo or longer, it just will not stay straight. Flat iron, press any kind of straighening just poof up quick. I press it, wrap and sit under the dryer for about 10 min, hot/warm to hand not sweaty, then take own and flat iron.

neonbright

Yes it sounds to me you may be sitting under the dryer too long. No longer than 10 minutes should work for you. I sit under the dryer for 15 minutes but no longer or it will not have bounce.

GlamourGirl

Wow the same thing happened to me last night. I've never had this happen. I rollerset--the curls came out beautiful but after I wrapped it, added saran wrap, and sat back under the dryer my hair turned out horribly! All poofy, no silkiness at all.:nono:

alexstin

Re: Do you rollerset then flatiron?

I notice when i rollerset my hair and I do a silk wrap: after I remove the saran wrap: my hair feels kind of damp: its like all the heat trapped inside just turned into moisture: well when i remove the saran wrap: my hair dries poofy. I notice I still get that relaxed look after I flat iron my hair from a rollerset: do any of you ladies do this: if not is this too damaging to the hair?

I do if I'm far into a stretch and I have an event to attend. Other than that, not often.