Ladies, would you please help me with Tangles???

beans4reezy

I am transitioning from relaxed hair to texturized hair. Right now, I have three textures going on Natural, Texturized, and those old relaxed ends.

My problem is that I'm starting get tangles and I am only 9 weeks post texturizer!! Last week, I washed and DC'd my hair (Aphogee Moisturizing Poo, Aphogee 2 Step DC f/u with WEN FIG DC), Moisturized and Sealed, then wrapped and pin curled my hair. Since then, I have been picking knots out of my hair! Can someone send me any suggestions to help me deal with these knots I keep getting?

In case it matters, it's been 9 months since my last relaxer.

I am thanking you ladies in advance:grin:

How often do you detangle your hair?
Do you moisturize?

I find that detangling my hair more often keeps the knots away.

What I do is mix just a little bit of apple cider vinager in a dropper with distilled water or rose water. Afterwards, I take and shake the bottle then take and drop some of the solution on the knots. Let it sit for about a min and take a fine to comb to detangle. Do this very gentley of course. Hope that helps.

What I do is mix just a little bit of apple cider vinager in a dropper with distilled water or rose water. Afterwards, I take and shake the bottle then take and drop some of the solution on the knots. Let it sit for about a min and take a fine to comb to detangle. Do this very gentley of course. Hope that helps.

WOW! And I actually have apple cider vinegar left over from an old recipe.Thanks! I've never heard of this. I am def. going to try this this evening. I still have a couple of knots back there!

Last edited:
Remember not to use a lot of avc. Just a little will do. sorry i don't have any measurments, I just pour two cap fulls (the cap from the avc bottle) in the dropper and the rest with water. Let me know how it works out for you.:yep:

I get alot of tangles too, this is what I do:

before washing i apply shea butter and gently comb out tangles with a wide toothed comb.(comb from the ends and work your way up)

after shampooing with a moisturizing sulfate free shampoo i put the deep conditioner on my hair and comb it through with a wide toothed comb. (comb from the ends and work your way up)

Then i sit under the dryer for 20 minutes.

rinse out the conditioner.

apply ntm leave in and roller set soaking wet hair.

Back