LadyLibra's Sabino Product Review

LadyKaypnyc

Hey guys!

Despite the many sabino videos on youtube, I was still on the fence about the product....Until I saw LadyLibra test it:thankyou:, now I just may buy some.

Sabino Test 1
http://youtube.com/watch?v=v2F8w8OfZwU&feature=related
Sabino Test 2
http://youtube.com/watch?v=INC9T1tA73w&feature=related
Sabino Test 3
http://youtube.com/watch?v=fpWD2BrO84I&feature=related
Sabino Entire Head A.M
http://youtube.com/watch?v=8rT8lfOij_I&feature=user
Sabino Entire Head P.M
http://youtube.com/watch?v=w8u7GJGaD0U&feature=user

curleeq

Yeah I saw her video. Here comes another product that I am going to have to try out, lol. I just spent a mint on the curlformers because of you :grin:

ebzonix

I agree, I loved the results she got after the hard day at work. But I wonder how it would look if she didn't add so much. I don't like greasy hair, but again hers looked really good.

Irresistible

I would really like to thank LadyLibra for trying this product so bravely before us and sharing
her journey step by step! she's friggin awesome!

I'm still shaking in my shoes at Anti Humectants!

They scare me!!

Her hair did look wonderful

I'm still watching *biting my nails off*

ladylibra

woo hoo, i got a shout-out! :drunk: ^^^Irresistable, you are goofy! :lachen:

I agree, I loved the results she got after the hard day at work. But I wonder how it would look if she didn't add so much. I don't like greasy hair, but again hers looked really good.

LOL i was wondering the same thing actually... cuz i couldn't STAND how greasy it looked to me! :nono: next time i won't apply it a 2nd time to flat iron (sorry, that won't be until 2009 though :perplexed ). perhaps ladykaypnyc will learn from my mistake and not apply so much, then we can see if it looks better and still holds up well. :yep:

vestaluv1

LadyLibra, thanks for taking the time to do all these videos.
I just have one question...how long did your hair stay straight without reverting. Was it only after you washed your hair?

audacity.

LOL i was wondering the same thing actually... cuz i couldn't STAND how greasy it looked to me! :nono: next time i won't apply it a 2nd time to flat iron (sorry, that won't be until 2009 though :perplexed ). perhaps ladykaypnyc will learn from my mistake and not apply so much, then we can see if it looks better and still holds up well. :yep:

Libra, is it worth the price difference b/w the Aveda? 20-something dollars for 3 oz??? :shocked:

ladylibra

LadyLibra, thanks for taking the time to do all these videos.
I just have one question...how long did your hair stay straight without reverting. Was it only after you washed your hair?

yep, it stayed straight until i completely soaked my head. :yep:

Libra, is it worth the price difference b/w the Aveda? 20-something dollars for 3 oz??? :shocked:

YES. a little goes a long way... i have thick hair and i applied it to my entire head to blowdry, then again section by section as i flat ironed. i don't even think i've used up 1/4 of the vial yet.

vestaluv1

yep, it stayed straight until i completely soaked my head. :yep:

Hmm, I think i'm going to have to try this. I've never flat ironed my hair, but about 10 years ago I used to press my hair, and that d$mn press wouldn't even last me a day at school :nono:... even in the dry cold winter.
I'll be flat ironing my hair next month...hope it comes out right :perplexed.

Thanx for the review Ladylibra!

CHEEKQUEEN

Thanks Ladylibra!!:grin: I just finished watching your Sabino videos. I have the sample and I will try it out. I will buy the bigger bottle after I am farther into my transition. I have subscribed to your videos on youtube.

audacity.

yes, i think so. but if you put a moisturizer on your hair first, then use MB it also locks that into your hair.

DANG, Libra! You got me wondering about this stuff....the fact that it costs so much and that I cannot get it locally MAY be what keeps me from getting this....plus I am not straightening again until September....

BTW: your hair ROCKS!!! :rocker:

ladylibra

DANG, Libra! You got me wondering about this stuff....the fact that it costs so much and that I cannot get it locally MAY be what keeps me from getting this....plus I am not straightening again until September....

BTW: your hair ROCKS!!! :rocker:

thank you DenverGirl! :grin:

doesn't hurt to keep an eye on it. maybe come September you'll wanna give it a try. you can always get those free samples... :yep:

Je Ne Sais Quoi

Your hair is amazing! Super thick and lush indeed. Now i see what the problem is with my wash n go's. I'm comparing my head to yours when your hair is like at least twice as thick as my hair.

Last edited:

ladylibra

^^^LOL girl don't feel bad, my hair is super-thick. that's why i gave up on growing my son's hair out... :blush:

i'm just glad my hair was shorter when i went thru post-partum shedding... cuz i swear it was like 3 times thicker before the shedding started. i styled my hair ONCE while preggo and said, "screw this!" :lachen:

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
Why am I scared of this stuff:look:? Does thehair revert back once it's washed? It seems like a miracle product.....as long as my hair goes back to natural when I'm done.

Where do you buy this stuff and are they still giving out free samples?

ETA....how in the world did I miss that gigundo 40 page sabino thread:rolleyes:. When I saw LL's video I'm like what the heck is Sabino:spinning:.

Last edited:

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
I wonder if this stuff would hold up on a really humid muggy summer's day? If it did I would probably fall to the ground.

ladylibra

Why am I scared of this stuff:look:? Does thehair revert back once it's washed? It seems like a miracle product.....as long as my hair goes back to natural when I'm done.

yes maam it does. when i wet my hair it recoils but i don't get as much shrinkage as normal. when i washed with shampoo, off it came. :lachen:

so far it seems to stand up well to humidity though... my hair didn't get puffy/frizzy.

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
yes maam it does. when i wet my hair it recoils but i don't get as much shrinkage as normal. when i washed with shampoo, off it came. :lachen:

so far it seems to stand up well to humidity though... my hair didn't get puffy/frizzy.
Kewl! I'm definitely getting samples. Thanks so much for doing those vids and sharing with us.

QT

Thanks ladylibra your test sealed the deal for me to purchase this product. You should be on their pay roll as the official spokes women:urock:. I will be getting my hair pressed (flat ironed) In August, I wonder if ask my hairdresser to use this serum will she have any objection. :ohwell:

ladylibra

Thanks ladylibra your test sealed the deal for me to purchase this product. You should be on their pay roll as the official spokes women:urock:. I will be getting my hair pressed (flat ironed) In August, I wonder if ask my hairdresser to use this serum will she have any objection. :ohwell:

:lachen: i should write them and demand money for advertising their product!

Soliel185

Where do you buy this stuff and are they still giving out free samples?

ETA....how in the world did I miss that gigundo 40 page sabino thread:rolleyes:. When I saw LL's video I'm like what the heck is Sabino:spinning:.

I got samples before I left to visit Louisana - it made a HUGE difference. Some of my roots reverted in the back, but I think it's b/c I didn't get the MB on them, also, I diluted it with some Redken Heat Glide to make it easier to spread. My length however, stayed sleek. If it started to thicken, I would just put it in a french twist for a bit and then everything calmed down. I'm going to check my local Trade Secret and if I can't get it there I will definitely order!

Neala21

I can't watch the videos...that sucks (I'm at work) I'm sure it was just so gorgeous.

I know I got my samples and tried it out this weekend. I told my sister - "Hey, When Sabino made this He was thinking of me, This stuff is a God Send"

I am adding this a a complete staple---Great Product off to buy a bigger bottle - And I even used the flat iron on 400 degree...No burning hair smell (and trust I know what burning hair smells like)

:yep: