Las Vegas Ladies.......

BklynHeart

Can you recommend a good dermatologist or trichologist? My sis-in-law had locs for about 10 years, then had them cut off because her hair was thinning and was going bald. It's growing back, however she still has some bald spots on the top and sides. She went to one dermatologist and he told her she needs a hair transplan, but she would like a second opinion.

Thanks in advance.

lala

BklynHeart said:
Can you recommend a good dermatologist or trichologist? My sis-in-law had locs for about 10 years, then had them cut off because her hair was thinning and was going bald. It's growing back, however she still has some bald spots on the top and sides. She went to one dermatologist and he told her she needs a hair transplan, but she would like a second opinion.

Thanks in advance.

I'm sorry I don't have a dermatologist to recommend here in Vegas b/c I haven't been to one. Vegas doesn't appear to have a very prestigious medical community. However, there are a few boards that you can check with to find one in the area:

The American Board of Dermatology - abderm.org
The American Board of Osteopathic Board of Dermatology - aocd.org
The American Academy of Dermatology - aad.org

HTH...

BklynHeart

lala said:
I'm sorry I don't have a dermatologist to recommend here in Vegas b/c I haven't been to one. Vegas doesn't appear to have a very prestigious medical community. However, there are a few boards that you can check with to find one in the area:

The American Board of Dermatology - abderm.org
The American Board of Osteopathic Board of Dermatology - aocd.org
The American Academy of Dermatology - aad.org

HTH...

This helps a lot, thanks lala!! BTW, would you also know if using essential oils or something topical might help with her growth?

lala

I have 4 aromatherapy books that list essential oils and herbs for hair growth, you can PM for more info. If your sis-in-law has sensitive skin you may want to tell her to use fragrance free shampoo/conditioner and add cider vinegar and essential oils to see if that helps to alleviate her condition. But it sounds as if she needs to see the dr. 1st.