LAWD! No Aveda DR

janeemat

I used the last of my Aveda DR poo and con yesterday. I love this stuff. But I'm too broke after Christmas and paying property taxes to buy some more right now. I have a birthday on the 20th so I'll sacrifice and wait for some b'day money. So I decide to take inventory of some poos that I could possibly use on Sat. I must admit I'm surprised myself. Here is what I have:

Phytospecific Intense Nutrition Poo (have the Vital Force Creme Bath and Intense nutr mask)
Frederic Fekkai Moist Poo
Phillip B White Truffle
Nexxus Botanoil
Redken Smooth Down
Redken All Soft
Redken Extreme
Redken Clear Moisture

I think a sista can make do for little while.:lol:

janeemat

gn1g said:
Did anything else work just as well?

All the products that I listed are very good products. Some of them I've used up and will not replace them. However, I say that the Phytospecific line and the Redken line were very good for my hair. None of them beat Aveda DR. But if Aveda disappears tomorrow I will go back to these. Since this post, I've been using lot's of Dom products, which I love. So, for now my staples are Aveda DR and Dom prod.

honeybadgirl

janeemat said:
All the products that I listed are very good products. Some of them I've used up and will not replace them. However, I say that the Phytospecific line and the Redken line were very good for my hair. None of them beat Aveda DR. But if Aveda disappears tomorrow I will go back to these. Since this post, I've been using lot's of Dom products, which I love. So, for now my staples are Aveda DR and Dom prod.

hush your mouth!!! (the bolded):grin:

Kimberly

Is there a concept salon you can go to and get samples? If I was that devoted to one line, I might be in there once a week for a sample to get me through that weekend...until I could buy some, of course. Can you do that? I don't think I live near a concept salon but I know where one is across town.

janeemat

Kimberly said:
Is there a concept salon you can go to and get samples? If I was that devoted to one line, I might be in there once a week for a sample to get me through that weekend...until I could buy some, of course. Can you do that? I don't think I live near a concept salon but I know where one is across town.

There is one that I can run and get some samples to hold me over, which I thought about doing. I keep little empty bottles with me for that reason. Mondays are very hectic for me and the earliest that I'll get there is Wed. So, I'll definitely get some then. My hair is starting to itch so it needs washing before I start digging at my scalp. I normally don't go this long w/o washing.

janeemat

honeybadgirl said:
hush your mouth!!! (the bolded):grin:

I know right! Okay Ms Aveda Lover, how is the Sapp Moss line. Is the poo very moisturizing. Do you use this entire line?

honeybadgirl

janeemat said:
I know right! Okay Ms Aveda Lover, how is the Sapp Moss line. Is the poo very moisturizing. Do you use this entire line?

i dont use the whole line of sap moss. i use up to the shampoo. i use the conditioner from the brilliant line. i love that! i never used the sap moss conditioner. it was recommended by my stylist to use it this way, sap shampoo w/brilliant conditioner. i would like to try the conditioner for sap moss and maybe i will get a sample from the store the next time i go:D
and oh, the shampoo, i think is moisturizing. i wouldnt say VERY moisturizing but it is;)

Leshia

janeemat said:
I used the last of my Aveda DR poo and con yesterday. I love this stuff. But I'm too broke after Christmas and paying property taxes to buy some more right now. I have a birthday on the 20th so I'll sacrifice and wait for some b'day money. So I decide to take inventory of some poos that I could possibly use on Sat. I must admit I'm surprised myself. Here is what I have:

Phytospecific Intense Nutrition Poo (have the Vital Force Creme Bath and Intense nutr mask)
Frederic Fekkai Moist Poo
Phillip B White Truffle
Nexxus Botanoil
Redken Smooth Down
Redken All Soft
Redken Extreme
Redken Clear Moisture

I think a sista can make do for little while.:lol:

Goodness, I may have to try the DR line...

nycutiepie

This post made me go check my supply because I can't afford to be without the DR. The store I go to in NY told me they don't give samples but samples aren't enough for me because I'm addicted and need the full fix.